Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Never had a problem in the past with A/C (or much else with this van, love it).

Wife left this morning to take kid for a driving test and while they were out, it just clicked off (the compressor, you could hear/feel it) and no more cold.

Cabin filter replaced. Checked A/C relay by swapping with horn relay, horn honked with both. However, I am purchasing a new one this afternoon because the plastic on the A/C relay was brittle and crumbled upon removal.

Bought a 22oz 134a recharge canister with gauge. Checked 'L' side and it was in the red ~150+. I leaked some out to see if it made much of a difference in the pressure and really didn't move much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Title says it all. Never had a problem in the past with A/C (or much else with this van, love it).

Wife left this morning to take kid for a driving test and while they were out, it just clicked off (the compressor, you could hear/feel it) and no more cold.

Cabin filter replaced. Checked A/C relay by swapping with horn relay, horn honked with both. However, I am purchasing a new one this afternoon because the plastic on the A/C relay was brittle and crumbled upon removal.

Bought a 22oz 134a recharge canister with gauge. Checked 'L' side and it was in the red ~150+. I leaked some out to see if it made much of a difference in the pressure and really didn't move much.
Could be the A/C clutch. Mine did the same and I also did the relay swap in hopes it would be the relay. I am on my second replacement compressor due to clutch failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I would run it by a local mechanic. He flushed and recharged for $91 and said to let him know if we have any issues. He was thinking a possible leak, everything else checked out. So far so good. Not a terribly hot day today, but it's working well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts