Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Both left and right seals are leaking heavily and need to be replaced. Two different shops, in NJ, each quoted around $800 with 7 hours of labor. Are those too much?

Incidentally, the differential carrier has lots of rust on the outside, I wonder if that is normal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do you mean whether other repairs are needed depends on whether the vent is clogged?
Not Sienna specific. If clogged pressure can build when warm and may push oil past seals. Worth a look.
Picture? I can't find one anywhere on the web.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update.

I called a few local mechanics (New Jersey), including a dealer for seal replacements. Their estimates are all around $840, 5 hour labor. Two of them said that the 5 hour was based on some "book". So, I went with one of them who was willing to offer me a small discount, $800 including tax.

Later on, I found out that a new mechanic to the area was willing to do the job for $350. His shop seemed less professional; although he did replaced successfully parts of two leaking brake lines on another vehicle for me. I would have went with him, if I had more time to shop around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts