Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week I’ve been trying to reprogram my factory key fobs to the car but after going through the process it always cycles the door lock twice. It’s clearly not an issue of an incompatible key fob because it’s the factory ones that I got when I got the car fresh out of the dealership back in 2006. My question is, is there anyway I can reset all of the stored key fobs from the car? I’m assuming it has reached its max limit. I have already tried cycling the key from off to on 5 times in order to remove all existing key fobs but it doesn’t seem to do the trick. And when I do the cycling of the key from off to on 3 times in order to check how many keys are programmed, as soon as I pull the key out the door lock will cycle infinitely, to the point where I get worried my door lock will break so I just open the door to stop it. What’s going on here? I’m tired of using my key :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trust me I’ve done this countless times it just won’t accept the other factory key. They aren’t new either I’ve had them since I bought the car. I’m having issues resetting the stored key fobs it just won’t work.

– Do this FIVE times to ERASE all existing remotes programmed. I do this and it doesn’t erase anything. It’s so frustrating that a factory key fob won’t get accepted by the car.. and it’s the key fob that I’ve kept as a spare and never used. The current one I’m using is all worn out and the unlock button doesn’t work and the lock button is a hit or miss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts