Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, While driving on the freeway today at ~70mph, the check engine light went on, along with VSC and Trac Light. I drove to a nearby AutoZone to have the ODB read and it's the dreaded P0300 code only. I realize that is one of the most generic error code and could be caused by a plethora of things.

Last June, i was "lucky" enough to hit the specific P0304 code and i was able to order a new ignition coil off Amazon and replaced it to make the check engine light go away... until now. A search here with P0300 didn't yield much resolutions' success. Mine is 2006 with ~175k, which I thought still have a lot of life left. Other than the regular oil, break changes, the only other big change was to replace the timing belt and water pump last year.

Did anyone run across a similar issue? Or am i at the mercy of a mechanic and/or dealership? Any comment/suggestion is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this code with my old engine. In my specific case, the engine itself was not able to hold compression in multiple cylinders (I'm sure this may not be the case for you).
I also did note that the harness connectors that seat onto the coil were VERY brittle and showed cracks which can result in poor connection.
Here's a list of things you can try:
1) Inspect the plastic wiring harness connector at the coils and check for signs of cracking
2) Replace spark plugs (Most likely your issue)
3) Replace coils (Second likely culprit)
4) Fuel pump/filter
5) Inspect/replace injectors
6) Check compression (Highly unlikely, but possible)

·
Registered
746 Posts
This was one members experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts