Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Sienna CE with 151000 kms on it and yesterday while trying to start it I was turning the key on the ignition but no response from the sienna couldn’t even hear it crank at all my battery has been recently replaced and was fully charged so I knew it wasn’t the issue. I checked the starter relay and also swapped it with the horn relay from fuse box still same issue finally I had to access the starter which is hidden down under by removing the plastic part on top and tapped the starter lightly with the hammer only then the sienna started.My question is this an indication that I need a new starter on my sienna is it normal for sienna starter to fail at 150k. Called Lordco parts in BC bew starter is 362$ plus tax and 60$ for the core charge on top of it please advise. Where to buy replacement and should I buy a new one or a refurbished one would work the sameeith 1 year warranty ? Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
How close to the border do you live? Autozone in US sells them for < $200 USD. Also Rockauto sells them for around $200 CAD or less (not sure about shipping/import stuff).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts