Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a problem with the digital climate control on my Sienna and I've searched and searched, but can't find any help in previous posts. The buttons on the climate control do not light up and I've lost all visual on the LED screen except the time clock. I can use all functions like turning on the A/C, fan speed, temperature, etc., but I can't see what the functions are doing on the screen. I've pulled the control and checked for proper connection of the harness (3 connectors). I've checked all fuses under the dash and under the hood. The larger of the three connectors in the back controls all the functions, but I don't get any different response if I connect or disconnect the other two smaller connectors. I'm not sure if there are relays related to the type of problem the van is having, but I can start there if anyone can confirm which relay I should be checking and/or if anyone have any other suggestions.
Thanks in advance,

David

·
Registered
310 Posts
Starting at page 55-3 the factory service manual shows how to check voltage at the back connectors. I guess I would start there.

2. INSPECT INTEGRATION CONTROL & PANEL ASSY
(a) Disconnect the connector from integration control & panel assy and inspect the connector on wire harness side, as shown in the table.

If circuit is not as specified, try to replace the integration control & panel assy with a new one. If the circuit is not as specified, inspect the circuits connected to the other parts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently picked up a 2005 XLE and it had the same issue: all of the HVAC functions and controls worked properly but the display was kaput. Toyota wanted $3000 for a replacement controller. Yes, $3000. I got the part number off of the controller in the van and found a replacement unit on eBay for about $60. HVAC display is now all good. Just make sure to get the correct part as the airbag and other unexpected systems may be tied to it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As it turns out, I have a fully functional HVAC Controller P/N 84010-08030 sitting on my bench right now. If that happens to be the one you need I'll be happy to send it to you for just the price of postage.

Again, do make certain that it's the correct P/N. The previous owner of my van installed a unit with this P/N and it took out the airbag system. When I replaced it due to the faulty display, I matched that P/N. Turns out my van requires P/N 04010-08070 and installing the correct controller finally returned my airbag system to service. Details!

I'll be leaving town for a spell next week, so if you are interested if you can contact me before Monday I'll be able to send it along without delay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you still have this climate control unit, I would like to purchase it. The part number is the same on mine. I'll send a pic of it if you still have it.
As it turns out, I have a fully functional HVAC Controller P/N 84010-08030 sitting on my bench right now. If that happens to be the one you need I'll be happy to send it to you for just the price of postage.

Again, do make certain that it's the correct P/N. The previous owner of my van installed a unit with this P/N and it took out the airbag system. When I replaced it due to the faulty display, I matched that P/N. Turns out my van requires P/N 04010-08070 and installing the correct controller finally returned my airbag system to service. Details!

I'll be leaving town for a spell next week, so if you are interested if you can contact me before Monday I'll be able to send it along without delay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts