Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
The general consensus is no. I think a couple have tried to with no luck. Only options if outside the 10 year warranty extension are to replace it, cover it up, or live with it.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Our '06 has this issue, but not our '08 (yet). During the summer of 2018, a few cracks appeared, and we began using some Aerospace 303 to treat the dash. I also purchased a vinyl repair kit (I think it's made by Permatex and has several colored cups and two adhesive cups), and used the little plastic spatula to force some adhesive into each crack (I did not use the colored cups). I worked on just a short segment at a time because the adhesive skins over so fast, applying the adhesive, pushing the crack in question together, and quickly wiping up the excess before it damages the surface (this can happen fast, so you have to work fast). The crack has to remain forced closed for some time; on ours the cracks were in locations where I could easily put pressure to close the crack.

After being repaired, the cracks are still very slightly visible, but I found the result acceptable.

This summer (2019), one crack got two inches longer, but no other problems showed up, so maybe the 303 is helping. I have not repaired that two inch segment yet....

- G

·
Registered
124 Posts
The verbiage on the warranty seems a bit ambiguous to me. We got our 2004 dash replaced a few years back under the primary coverage, and we were the 2nd owners of the vehicle. Now with the Secondary Coverage being all that's left, it's a little unclear how this might apply to 2nd owners? So if you bought your 2007 in 2010 and YOUR first use date was in 2010, would you qualify? Or is it referring to the absolute first use date of the vehicle when it was NEW? From the blurb below, they seem to imply that it's first use date when new, but still might be worth a call just to verify.

The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement described herein for all owners of covered
vehicles until May 31, 2017, regardless of mileage or date of first use of the vehicle.

Secondary Coverage
supplements the Primary Coverage for some owners by offering the warranty
enhancement described herein for 10 years from the date of the first use of the vehicle, regardless
of mileage.
For instance, if you own a 2009 Camry that was first used on January 1, 2010, you are
entitled to the warranty enhancement through January 1, 2020.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
greenlight
Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com
SiennaChat is the forum community to discuss problems, maintenance, repairs, mods, projects, specs and all things Toyota Sienna.
Full Forum Listing