Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my LE about a year ago with 86K miles on it. I changed the oil, new battery, 4 new tires. It hasn't had any problems, starts right up and runs great. It now has 97K miles. I recently came in to an extra couple thousand bucks. If you were going to do anything to increase the longevity of the vehicle, what would you do? I'm thinking new ignition coils, complete trans. fluid flush, brakes are just about due, check and replace the oil lines I keep reading about that corrode over time, coolant system flush...... What else do you think I should do? And, anything I listed that you WOULDN'T do?? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Oil lines should be your priority. Also new spark plugs with the new ignition coils.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would set aside $1000 and put the rest of the money to work for you. Most of what you're talking about isn't due until 120k. Here's what I would do...

Check with your dealer and have them lookup if the VVTi oil line recall was done. If not, replace that line.

If you have the tow package, replace the rubber oil cooler lines with the metal ones.

Since the van is new to you, go ahead and replace the transmission filter and oil.

At 115k replace the front coils. At 120k, when you replace the spark plugs, swap the barely used coils into the back.

I wouldn't go an a big spending spree on the van right now. Just set aside some money to cover maintenance and repairs and stay on the factory schedule.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would set aside $1000 and put the rest of the money to work for you. Most of what you're talking about isn't due until 120k. Here's what I would do...

Check with your dealer and have them lookup if the VVTi oil line recall was done. If not, replace that line.

If you have the tow package, replace the rubber oil lines with the metal ones.

Since the van is new to you, go ahead and replace the transmission filter and oil.

At 115k replace the front coils. At 120k, when you replace the spark plugs, swap the barely used coils into the back.

I wouldn't go an a big spending spree on the van right now. Just set aside some money to cover maintenance and repairs and stay on the factory schedule.

-Mike

Thanks.... I'll look into the recall. Good point.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Th
Sounds like a plan. Oil lines should be your priority. Also new spark plugs with the new ignition coils.
Thanks... I gotta look into those oil lines.. VVTi oil line and is there any other oil lines that need checking? I thought I read here last year there were two different lines....

·
Registered
341 Posts
As floridanative said if you have the tow package you will also have to replace the oil cooler lines. You should be able to see it if you have it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes, I meant to say rubber oil "cooler" lines. I edited my original post to add the word cooler, which was previously missing.

-Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts