Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried multiple fobs. The door open/close and key in procedure has been tried multiple times by myself and another. The van will not respond to the setup procedure (lock open/close is what is expected) even prior to pushing buttons on the new fobs. Do I need to reset something? Tried ODBI reset - no luck. Thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
Someone with that generation van can chime in, but on some Toyotas, only a certain number of keys/fobs can be registered. So, you may need to clear a "space" in memory, for the new fob.

Is the van new to you/do you know its key history?

What did you do for the obd reset? It would likely require Techstream to change/program fobs over obd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone with that generation van can chime in, but on some Toyotas, only a certain number of keys/fobs can be registered. So, you may need to clear a "space" in memory, for the new fob.

Is the van new to you/do you know its key history?

What did you do for the obd reset? It would likely require Techstream to change/program fobs over obd.
There was one fob that came with this used vehicle in 2017. The fob stopped working due to normal wear ~1 year ago. Purchased 2 new ones and programmed the 1st with no issue. Then about 5 weeks ago it stopped working. Tried to reprogram and no luck - bought another and tried no luck.

The OBD resent was just the same as clearing check engine lights (there were no lights on or issues registering on app).

Thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
Take a look at this (post 68):

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried multiple fobs. The door open/close and key in procedure has been tried multiple times by myself and another. The van will not respond to the setup procedure (lock open/close is what is expected) even prior to pushing buttons on the new fobs. Do I need to reset something? Tried ODBI reset - no luck. Thanks
Took vehicle into Toyota and they reprogrammed my old and new fob for free via and laptop and ODBI inferface. The only issue they found is that I had exceeded the maxium # of keys that could be programmed (4). Thanks for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts