Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my Sienna's A/C checked because it is taking a long time to cool and doesn't cool all that great.
Mechanic told me Sienna's with dual A/C (front and back) operate like this.

Is this true?

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mechanic's response is BS. If it doesn't cool as well as it used to at the same ambient temperature, there is a problem.
I'm the second owner of this vehicle so don't know what the A/C's actual performance is. It was like this when I bought it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Try cleaning the ac condenser. I did it on mine and the performance improved. Search the 3rd Gen forum for the DIY instructions as it is easy. Also make sure the cabin filter isn’t too dirty.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Try cleaning the ac condenser. I did it on mine and the performance improved. Search the 3rd Gen forum for the DIY instructions as it is easy. Also make sure the cabin filter isn’t too dirty.
Try this. 2009 is actually still gen2 but it’s still pretty easy to do (bumper cover must be removed). I had the same symptoms as you in our 2007 and cleaning the condenser made a significant improvement.

-Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try this. 2009 is actually still gen2 but it’s still pretty easy to do (bumper cover must be removed). I had the same symptoms as you in our 2007 and cleaning the condenser made a significant improvement.

-Mike
Coincidentally I have to have my bumper cover replaced so I'll take a look then.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts