Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the disc player read mp3's from a dvd-r (or -rw). It works fine for cd-rw, but if possible I would like the larger storage capacity of a dvd. I am about to refresh the music catalog and it is getting too big for one cd.

Thanks, Greg

· Registered
1,401 Posts
Different years will have different results. The early/mid 2000s was right at the transition of head units playing MP3s off disc (and eventually off a USB key) and different dvd media would have different results in each kind of device. It was a long time ago, but I actually had to back up my entire music library on DVD, so I figured, I might as well try it in the van. It did NOT work in my '06. Upon researching, there was some assertion that using a +R vs. a -R or using a silver vs. a blue backed disk would allow it to work. I tried a couple different disks and couldn't get any of them to work. Eventually, I received an original click-wheel iPod and have been using that ever since. It holds 120 GB of music and feeds into the AUX port with a standard 1/8" cable. Eventually I transitioned to using my phone for music. I did end up having to get a ground loop isolator so I could have the phone charge while listening to music without hearing the annoying alternator whine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts