Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the relay for the magnetic clutch for the AC compressor? Looked under hood in the Fuse/relay box and did not see any withMC on them. There was one large box with Relay on it. Is it inside that box? Everything works and no flahing lights, only compressor does not kick in!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you are low on refrigerant? I'd check the refrigerant charge first.
Worked fine previously and have never had a leak. However there were some squirrels building a nest under the hood. Chewed some wires that I have repaired.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 2011 uses a solid state intergrated relay. It controls several things including the magnetic clutch. It is the big thing in the center of the fuse box under the hood.
Check the TSB on the flow sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 toyota sienna LE and the ac light is blinking inside what could it be
henryvb:
I’m curious if you solved your problem.
Mine (2011 Sienna Limited) is doing the same thing. I went online and saw a tip that suggested testing the clutch relay by swapping it out for another one that is used for something else. Unfortunately, on the 2011, it appears that the A/C uses an integrated relay that serves multiple functions, but is the only one if it’s kind in the vehicle and is fairly expensive for a relay ($100+) so I’d rather not buy a replacement just to find out that did not solve the problem.
The belt seems ok and I think is tight enough, so I don’t think that’s the problem.
My next thought is that it is the flow sensor but I’m wondering how to test it before diving in to replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
henryvb:
Mine (2011 Sienna Limited) is doing the same thing. I went online and saw a tip that suggested testing the clutch relay by swapping it out for another one that is used for something else. Unfortunately, on the 2011, it appears that the A/C uses an integrated relay that serves multiple functions, but is the only one if it’s kind in the vehicle and is fairly expensive for a relay ($100+) so I’d rather not buy a replacement just to find out that did not solve the problem.
The belt seems ok and I think is tight enough, so I don’t think that’s the problem.
My next thought is that it is the flow sensor but I’m wondering how to test it before diving in to replace it.
Took it to the macanic and it's the sensor that goes in the compressor he check everything no leaks and not low on refrigerant he put the computer and it was giving the code for the sensor on the compressor that is the one that activates the compressor and unfortunately I have to change the compressor because that sensor does not come out

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I've heard that the compressor flow sensors on some units are replaceable, but it depends on the model of the compressor. You might find a build plate on the compressor to help verify you are getting the right one. A quick google search came up with this, but you need to be sure your vehicle has this compressor unit!

·
Registered
146 Posts
henryvb:
I had the blinking a/c light on my 09 tacoma. Relay was fine, refrigerant was fine...shop wanted to replace the compressor for around $800. I ended up being able to swap out the clutch itself for $80 from ebay. If the sienna compressor is the same design, you may want to try that. On the tacoma you could test the clutch itself by unplugging the positive lead to the clutch and attaching straight to the battery - if it clicked it was good and if it did nothing it was bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts