Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently (literally a few weeks after the warranty expired, go figure :) the interior button for the right side automatic sliding door stopped working. this is the button in the front, mounted to the ceiling (in the same console as the buttons for the cabin lights).

the automatic door still works when operated from the key, or the door's exterior and interior handles; but when i push the interior button, nothing happens.

the button for the left side door works fine.

i'm thinking the button itself has failed.

i was just wondering if my assessment is correct, or should be looking at something else as well? if it is the button, does anyone know if its a difficult thing to replace?

thanks in advance!

atul

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
The button works by sending a ground signal on the violet wire to the Body ECU to tell the Door ECU to operate the door.

When the left side door button failed in our overhead console, Toyota replaced the entire console, so you may find replacement parts difficult to locate. You may do best by trying disassembly and repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, switch not functioning prperly. Does anybody know how to take apart overhead console. I would try cleaning the contacts.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
This is a common problem with the 2011. It is fixable under warranty, which is recommended. If I recall correctly, you pull down on the front of the console, pivot it and slide it forward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the overhead console's left sliding door button. It's intermittent, but annoying nonetheless. I brought it in to the dealership and they said that it could be $300 just to diagnose the problem (if it doesn't end up being covered by the warranty). They said they couldn't assure us it would be covered, so we opted not to have them do it since we didn't want to risk spending $300+repair. I'm now looking to tackle it on my own...and it seems that replacing the overhead console should do the trick? Is that as simple as finding an overhead console unit from a scrapyard and unplugging/plugging in?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the overhead console's left sliding door button. It's intermittent, but annoying nonetheless. I brought it in to the dealership and they said that it could be $300 just to diagnose the problem (if it doesn't end up being covered by the warranty). They said they couldn't assure us it would be covered, so we opted not to have them do it since we didn't want to risk spending $300+repair. I'm now looking to tackle it on my own...and it seems that replacing the overhead console should do the trick? Is that as simple as finding an overhead console unit from a scrapyard and unplugging/plugging in?

Thanks in advance!
Did you ever find a console for your Sienna? I am having the same issue with the passenger side sliding door and at times the driver side. Would like to tackle this one on my own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna and my overhead sliding door buttons stopped working some years ago. Yesterday I had the car into dealer for some unrelated recall work and asked for estimate to fix those overhead door buttons. They came back with "this is covered for free under a special enhanced warrantee issued by Toyota for this part ONLY". They fixed buttons. For free. Looks like they put a whole new fixture where the buttons are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts