Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks better than the last one, I really like the new Nissan Infiniti dashes lately.

Nissan releases more 2011 Quest minivan teasers

Nissan dropped the first teaser image of the 2011 Quest minivan just before this year's New York Auto Show, and now we're seeing more shadowy angles of the new minivan, including the interior. Toyota's new "Swagger Wagon" is already off to a good start, and Honda's angular new Odyssey will be hitting the road later this year, so the minivan segment is starting to get pretty competitive once again.

From these teasers, we see a shapely new nose and a very upright rear greenhouse that gives the illusion of wrapping all the way around the D-pillar (sort of like what Nissan has done on the Cube). Nothing too outrageous has been done to the interior, but we expect overall refinement to be substantially better than what we've seen in previous Quests, and the usual host of cubbies and cup holders will surely be on hand.

The 2011 Quest will make its official public debut at this December's Los Angeles Auto Show, and those of you who are salivating at the thought of a new Nissan van can stay up to date on the newly launched Quest microsite. In the meantime, check out the gallery below to see the latest teasers, and follow the jump to read Nissan's (very short) press release.

See Pics Here

·
Registered
617 Posts
The Sienna arrived in February as a 2011. If the Quest is not even going to be shown until December, they'll call it a 2012, no?

It's not like they have leftovers to worry about moving.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
ewwwwwww. :p :p :p
Yah know.....it seems as if every decade or so Nissan goes through a period where they put out the god-awfulest/fugliest looking cars in the name of being "artistic" and "bold" in their designs. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The front looks like a recent Suzuki.
~sigh~ They also went with the teeny-tiny A-pillar ("please break into my car from here & be a PITA to replace") window. WTH??!! ??? :mad: ::)
The side profile looks like a slightly "aero" Ford Flex.
The rear = FAIL.....though nice job in the flowing lines from the rear lights diagonally down into the rear license plate area.
The interior/dashboard is actually kinda nice.... and looks like a mashup between the new Sienna+Ody. The steering wheel looks kinda awkward down at the very bottom with the tiny gap between the lower 2 spokes. And that ugly wood has gotta go. I just don't understand the fascination with "wood" (real or fake) for car interiors. But that's just me.....

Normal "convention" would make it a 2011....I think. But yeah, they might call it a 2012 and enjoy some more "cachet".

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
wonder how reliable nissan is.. they are very close knit with dodge as far as sharing technologies/designs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sienna said:
wonder how reliable nissan is.. they are very close knit with dodge as far as sharing technologies/designs.
What do they share? I know that Dodge was going to build the next Gen Titian but those plans got killed. I am not aware of any other link ups?

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the chrome trim completely ringing the entire greenhouse. How fashions have changed...

topspy said:
The side profile looks like a slightly "aero" Ford Flex.
Now that I have looked at the photos I think I see what you mean: the Flex has a high beltline and horizontal greenhouse, and so does this Quest; however, the Quest has a more sloped nose (thus more "aero"). I'm not a fan of the high beltline, but it looks okay and actually saves weight (glass is heavy).

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
While I dislike the front, the overall design is different than the normal minivans. It is a bit reminiscent of the Flex (as topspy noted) or any of those new boxy type cars coming out... which isn't bad.

What I do like about Nissan is that they include "premium" stuff as standard... like keyless entry and the pushbutton start. What they should do to get a jumpstart on the competition is make a hybrid version. They are already using Toyota's technology in the Altima and since Toyota uses it in the Highlander and Lexus SUV... they should beat Toyota to the punch and put it into the Quest.

Even if you hate those Daddy/Mommy commercials... just the fact that the minivan segment is getting advertising like that and more notice from mainstream buyers is good. Maybe we'll get re-designs every 3-4 years instead of every 7-10.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow, looks pretty nice. Much better than I imagined. Still don't think I'd buy on ethough, after out last Quest. The quality, reliability and dealer service was nowhere near what we have experienced with Toyota.

·
Registered
652 Posts
that guy was a professional racer.
don't know much about what they are talking about.

that is ELGRAND, a very probably mini van in Asia. It's little smaller, narrower than most mini van in the state.

I think the Quest will be very close to ELGRAND though. It will be nice if AWD makes it to the US.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
grandmama said:
that is ELGRAND, a very probably mini van in Asia. It's little smaller, narrower than most mini van in the state.

I think the Quest will be very close to ELGRAND though.
I think it would be very surprising - and a big mistake by Nissan - if the Quest for the North American market is the same size as an Asian model.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Based on what I see, this van will be in 3rd place behind the Honda and Toyota. interesting to see that the lower front dash follows the design cue from the 2011 Odyssey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts