Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Minivan Alloy wheel

Just replaced the front strut assemblies on the van and have noticed the back end is noticeable lower now. We tow a 6x10 trailer and often have a fair amount of weight in the rear of the van when towing. Had Airlift 100 bags installed until Airbag popped recently. I bought replacement kit but haven't installed because it is too cold outside to get old airbags out of springs. Airlift helped reduce scraping but still experienced it once in a while. Was thinking about other options to raise rear end so trailer doesn't scrape leaving driveway or highway when hitting a dip in the road. Saw other posts about installing Journey off road kit. Can you install just on the rear? Will that cause front end to dip too low and scrape curbs more than it does now? Any other options available? Van has 241,000 miles and still runs great otherwise.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you look at the sienna with the mobility option, the rear shock has an additional 1” of travel. I’m not sure if that will help you with hauling the traveler. It’s worth a look.
Monroe also makes the “load adjusting shock” coil over shocks for other suv. It’s design for suv/van towing traveler with extra load. Maybe minor tweak may work for your application?

·
Registered
2016 Sienna XLE FWD
166 Posts
Hi. I have exact same problem. Have you tried to lift only the rear? Does it work/look ok?
I lifted the rear on my 16’ XLE and got the desired results. I ended up buying custom coils and mobility shocks. Lots of details and a few other folks experience in the thread:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts