Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of an alternator being replaced on an 11 Sienna? I have a 2011 Sienna LE with 61,000kms only, I bought it in Sept 2014 with 33,000kms only. Right now my Mechanics are have a hard time trying to figure out what is wrong with it and its been 4 days already and still nothing.. It all started when the alternator failed with the symptom of the battery light turning on and having all the dash lights turning on afterwards. The alternator got replaced but battery light is still ON, the alternator is cranking out 18 volts while the battery is only charging at 12 volts... wires from the alternator to the fusable link/relay were checked and they were fine, Battery is a-ok. For some reason the alternator is producing 18 volts and going to the relay at 18 volts but from the relay to the battery terminal/post is only 12 volts!?! Does anyone have any idea how to go about this? It's really frustrating especially this coming holidays where you end up spending money repairing on the van rather than on Christmas presents... Does anyone have any wiring diagram for this? Please help!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts