Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
No, there are no SE's being built yet, they will probably be available a little later on closer to springtime...

I have no info on them yet other than I believe they have 19" wheels...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh...so I just read this in an email I got the other day...

The all-new 2011 Sienna will begin arriving at Toyota dealerships the beginning of February 2010. The advertising
will also launch in February with the Sienna SE and four-cylinder-equipped models going on sale in April.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Doug,

Thank you for the information on the packages. Can you clarify something though? I see the XLE can get just the dvd in one of the packages, but does that lose the ipod/usb connectivity?

I'd like an XLE with the dvd and usb connectivity, but I have no interest at all in the navigation package. We keep our cars a LONG time (My 1999 Sienna has 283,000 miles and counting), and I figure the navigation info will be long outdated and useless by the end of the van's life.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ellisin said:
I'd like an XLE with the dvd and usb connectivity, but I have no interest at all in the navigation package. We keep our cars a LONG time (My 1999 Sienna has 283,000 miles and counting), and I figure the navigation info will be long outdated and useless by the end of the van's life.
On navigation info - most OEM systems can be updated with current maps. Some manufacturers charge a good bit for these updates, but you should check on Toyota's policies.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
ellisin said:
~snip!~
...and I figure the navigation info will be long outdated and useless by the end of the van's life.
dbthompson said:
~snip!~
On navigation info - most OEM systems can be updated with current maps. Some manufacturers charge a good bit for these updates, but you should check on Toyota's policies.
Official Toyota Annual Updates for the NAV data discs have been a RIDICULOUS (IMHO) approx $200-300 in the past. YMMV.
There are "unofficial"/pirated versions as well as used ones and "hybrid" ones available from various online sources for a lot le$$ $$$. Their quality/usability will vary.

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Doug,

I am interested in an LE 8 passenger v6, w/tow package. I live in FL, the 2011 Sienna inventory for the South East shows 860 LE V6 8pass, only 11 w/tow, none at my local dealers. I have been trying into get an LE w/tow since 2008 but they are so rare, I was hoping they would be more available in 2011 but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

I do not want to buy and XLE just to get the tow package. The question is, can dealers order an LE v6 w/tow? How does that scenario work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
What a crazy situation - up here we get nearly all our 8 passenger Siennas with the tow package - rare they are not. Unfortunately I cannot look at the inventories of dealers in SouthEast Toyota, so I can't tell you where one would be...

South East Toyota does things their own way, and I have no experience with how they order cars or add packages, I would have to defer to your local dealer to answer those questions. Let me know if I can help more!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
kw1720,

I am also in Southeast Toyota territory (in NC) I was just looking at their website and using the build option and it told me that my local dealer (Stevenson Toyota in Jacksonville, NC) is scheduled to have an '11 LE 8 with tow package available on March 4 - so this configuration must be available from SET.

I got my 04 from them in June 2003 and it came with the tow package!

Good Luck with your search.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DawnK,

As of today the SE has 28 LE w/tow, so they exist however the problem is that there are not alot to go around. From 04-07 tow package was standard, from 08 to current it is optional.

Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Doug,

Is this package only available to Limited Models? I like the idea of HID headlamps and Auto High-Beam Assist and rain sensing wipers

What about a SIENNA LE AWD model? Can I get those features?

You wrote:

The Limited Convenience Package -

HID Headlamps w/ Auto off and auto high beam
rain sensing washer linked variable wipers

$890

·
Registered
207 Posts
wtzouris said:
Hi Doug,

Is this package only available to Limited Models? I like the idea of HID headlamps and Auto High-Beam Assist and rain sensing wipers

What about a SIENNA LE AWD model? Can I get those features?

You wrote:

The Limited Convenience Package -

HID Headlamps w/ Auto off and auto high beam
rain sensing washer linked variable wipers

$890

·
Registered
207 Posts
sienna said:
any ideas on pricing for the Auto Access Seat for the 2011 Sienna?
I have no pricing info yet for the Auto Access Seat - nor is there one built with it yet in the US - It may be a late arrival option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
dougbonczek said:
I just recieved the info on my first Limited FWD - I have attached a PDF of the window sticker information

Let me know if you have any questions!
wow - some soccer mom in Central IL is gonna be stylin! $45 Gs for a freakin minivan!

·
Registered
90 Posts
dougbonczek said:
I just recieved the info on my first Limited FWD - I have attached a PDF of the window sticker information

Let me know if you have any questions!
Doug, I have a question which I have already posted on another thread. I didnt notice this one until I did my post on that thread. Forgive me for multiple posts.

Can you get an XLE AWD 8 seater with a package option that could make it at par with a Limited? I want one with the 8th removable seat, but unfortunately that option is not available for LTD. But I dont want to miss out on the cool LTD features either. So I am just trying to get the best of both worlds. Is this possible?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been working on this for another customer. The main things you'll lose if you go with a loaded XLE versus a Limited are as follows:

Two Tone (Drivers Memory) Leather Seats
Dual Moonroof
HID Headlamps (Limited Convenience Pkg)
2nd Row Lounge Seating
18" 10-spoke Alloy Wheels

I'm sure there's chrome accents and other trim items that would be different, possibly a different grille and appearance slightly?

I'll know for sure when my first one arrives this month.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks a lot Doug.

I definitely need the first 4 items in your list. Especially the Memory seats and HID (after I saw them in action in my friends 2006 LTD). Another thing I learned is that for some strange reason AWD and 8 seat option dont go together. This is a big setback for me. In that case I might have to settle for an AWD LTD.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, for some reason they are only doing the 7 pass Limited with the lounge seating, not even making a regular 7 pass or 8 pass limited at this time...if i hear anything obviously this forum will be the first place i go!

41 - 60 of 87 Posts