Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody know if the Radar/Sonar Cruise Control is an available option for the Limited AWD? I have one on order ands my dealer said that I cannot have the Radar option because of the AWD (weight issues) >:Our '06 LTD. AWD has it and it truly is wonderful on long trips. My guess is because of the added weight of the Lounge chairs ;D.

·
Registered
28 Posts
cherrypye said:
Does anybody know if the Radar/Sonar Cruise Control is an available option for the Limited AWD? I have one on order ands my dealer said that I cannot have the Radar option because of the AWD (weight issues) >:Our '06 LTD. AWD has it and it truly is wonderful on long trips. My guess is because of the added weight of the Lounge chairs ;D.
what does weight have to do with radar cruise control?

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Although it is feasible that adding a radar cruise system to an AWD Sienna might throw it over the spec for weight-ratings/cargo ratings (which is one reason why there are no 2ndGen AWD or XLE 8-seaters SOLD new in North America, except to overseas stationed military via a special program), I'm thinking it is just the idiotic Toyota option package bundling. Wait until you find/discover the REGIONAL limitations to what types of packages are "actually" available by geographic region. IDIOTS.

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks topsy. My order is still a go, scheduled to be delivered in March, with or without the sonar, my hubby is a bit disappointed but what can you do, we need the AWD here in New England.

·
Registered
28 Posts
topspy said:
Although it is feasible that adding a radar cruise system to an AWD Sienna might throw it over the spec for weight-ratings/cargo ratings (which is one reason why there are no 2ndGen AWD or XLE 8-seaters SOLD new in North America, except to overseas stationed military via a special program), I'm thinking it is just the idiotic Toyota option package bundling. Wait until you find/discover the REGIONAL limitations to what types of packages are "actually" available by geographic region. IDIOTS.

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)
You mean when Gulf States and SET get their hands on the cars first and force everyone to buy pinstripes and a bunch of other junk?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Farmville, VA. I want to get a 2011 Sienna, probably LTD, loaded.
Is this a good time to send Emails to my area dealers asking for lowest bids on what I want?
I'm buying one NLT April. If I can get a good price I'll drive a ways to pick it up.
Any advice?

·
Registered
31 Posts
bleubear771 said:
I'm in Farmville, VA. I want to get a 2011 Sienna, probably LTD, loaded.
Is this a good time to send Emails to my area dealers asking for lowest bids on what I want?
I'm buying one NLT April. If I can get a good price I'll drive a ways to pick it up.
Any advice?
Check out Fitzmall.com. They posted drive-away prices.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Am I reading that chart correctly? There's no option for an XLE front wheel drive SEVEN passenger??? I see an XLE 8 passenger, and a 7 passenger all wheel drive...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think Toyota posted only models/options which are available to purchase at the moment. Looking at the product brochure, there are 3~4 different packages available for XLE and LTD models, but only premium packages are available for them right now. It might be a plan for Toyota to push loaded vehicles to the market during the initial period.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ellisin said:
Am I reading that chart correctly? There's no option for an XLE front wheel drive SEVEN passenger??? I see an XLE 8 passenger, and a 7 passenger all wheel drive...
The option is you pull out the middle seat, just like the Odyssey......they've simplified - everyone gets the little middle seat unless you have AWD

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think there must be something that am missing. I just configured an XLE AWD with 8-seat option at the Toyota website !!! MSRP is 40,191$

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
msm20032003 said:
Toyota finally updated their website for the new Sienna.
... sort of.

The Toyota USA site is now set up for the 2011, except that the small image in the list to select a vehicle (i.e. to pick a Sienna versus a Camry or whatever) still shows the 2010.

The Toyota Canada site has not been updated at all. I don't know whether this has something to do with some sort of approval to sell the new one here, or an excess supply of the 2010 product here to be sold before promoting the 2011, or Toyota Canada having to wait for information from Toyota USA, or just incompetence.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts