Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
dougbonczek said:
If you have the premium package, that's about right. It shoots the price right up!
I was not really concerned about the price. I was shocked to see that it DID let me configure an AWD with 8 seat configuration !!! Two things I noticed are as follow.

1. If you print this configuration, it says the drivetrain is AWD. But the image you see next to it is still a 2010 Sienna.

2. If you get a customzied e-brochure, then the drive train is listed as FWD.

Whats going on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
sarin_j said:
dougbonczek said:
If you have the premium package, that's about right. It shoots the price right up!
I was not really concerned about the price. I was shocked to see that it DID let me configure an AWD with 8 seat configuration !!! Two things I noticed are as follow.

1. If you print this configuration, it says the drivetrain is AWD. But the image you see next to it is still a 2010 Sienna.

2. If you get a customzied e-brochure, then the drive train is listed as FWD.

Whats going on?

Maybe the same engineers designing the gas pedals and Prius brakes are also designing the website......

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
sarin_j said:
Any ideas why they are not offering AWD and 8-set options together?
My guess is some weight/cargo limit spec. Same reason why for the 2ndGen it was also not available, except for a special program available ONLY for overseas military. The added weight of an 8th passenger might put the AWD OVER certain specs. There was a long discussion at the old site when [Boodad] got his hands on a special one when he was stationed to Europe, but even though his wasn't AWD (IIRC), an XLE still had more weight than an LE. Just guessing...

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brian, you have it!! Years ago Mazda and Honda were working on 4ws (4 wheel steering), and it can make a car handle better, reduce understeer and "twitchiness". At speed the rear tires are turned the same direction as the front tires, at a much lower angle. Instead of the rear end needing to step out slightly to induce a cornering force (due to the slip angle of the tires) it happens immediately upon initiation of the turn.

After one gobazillion dollars were spent they had improved the handling of their cars....... and determined why Audi mixed both very soft and very hard bushings in their rear beam axles, which also resulted in remarkable stability and transient response.... without all the extra complexity and mechanical parts. Knowledge is expensive.... but suspensions claiming the same design may have greatly different results!

·
Registered
31 Posts
brian_bp said:
msm20032003 said:
Toyota finally updated their website for the new Sienna.
... sort of.

The Toyota USA site is now set up for the 2011, except that the small image in the list to select a vehicle (i.e. to pick a Sienna versus a Camry or whatever) still shows the 2010.

The Toyota Canada site has not been updated at all. I don't know whether this has something to do with some sort of approval to sell the new one here, or an excess supply of the 2010 product here to be sold before promoting the 2011, or Toyota Canada having to wait for information from Toyota USA, or just incompetence.
I phoned Toyota Canada a week ago and was told their inside memo indicated 2011 Sienna would be available in March. I don't think it's got something to do with some sort of approval here. Canadian market is small, and all the manufacturers serve bigger market first. I think this is what it is. I don't think there's an excess supply of 2010 models in Canada. One of my friend bought a 2010 Sienna in very early December without knowing new one's coming, but he got it delivered in mid-January. Toyota Canada's web page doesn't even mention about 2011 Sienna at all yet while Toyota US web page started small advertisement '2011 Sienna Available in Feb 2010' few weeks ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
cherrypye said:
Does anybody know if the Radar/Sonar Cruise Control is an available option for the Limited AWD? I have one on order ands my dealer said that I cannot have the Radar option because of the AWD (weight issues) >:Our '06 LTD. AWD has it and it truly is wonderful on long trips. My guess is because of the added weight of the Lounge chairs ;D.
I have this option on my '04 AWD Limited XLE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have a question. Going to buy another sienna. Last one I bought was in 2006. I bought the pkg #4 sienna because it had the tow package with DTE on the ceiling. Did they do away with the packages or do they have another name for the PKG 4? Looking to buy brand new again but want the closest to the old #4.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts