Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2011 Sienna Smart Key Replacement

17K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  eeter 
#1 ·
I lost my back up key not the remote/smart key but a metal key that is inside as a back up just in case power failure.
Can someone tell me where can I get just a key?

#2 ·
Welcome!
Sorry 'bout the missing key.

My guess = dealership.
Have an ambulance on standby for when you faint from the price. (YMMV)

If you have a key code, you might be able to order it from an independent locksmith, but I'm not aware of any aftermarket "backup" keys for those smartkeys (yet). They might exist, but I haven't seen/heard of any. I'm sure you aren't the first person that this has happened to.

In the past with conventional keys for cars, at new car purchase time you were usually supplied with the [key code] either on a card and/or as a metal tag on the MASTER KEY....or sometimes it is engraved into the key. I don't know if that is the case with the smartkeys. The key code allows anybody with the code to order/cut a replacement key at a properly equipped locksmith (or car dealership).

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

#4 ·
I was wondering how you made out with this problem. When I bought my Sienna in May 2010 I wanted to get a spare. After I restarted my heart I decided to try something else. I have taken the spare FOB and wrapped in aluminum foil and locked it it the locking glove box for a spare in the event of an emergency ... in case of lost FOB. The aluminum prevents the antenna from reading the FOB. I have the spare mechanical key in one pocket so I can unlock the door and the glove box and keep the main FOB with the mechanical key attached in the other pocket.

If anyone has some other ideas or know where we can get a spare mechanical key and FOB for a "reasonable" price, I am all ears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.