Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a "check vsc system" message on my Sienna display. I did some research and found this could be due to a bad oxygen sensor. Has anyone else experienced this? I read that there are two oxygen sensors on the exhaust and you just need to figure out which one to replace. Any first-had experience help would be appreciated.

·
149 Posts
Is the check engine light also on? Have you checked to see if there any diagnostic error codes? If so, please post the codes here. If you're not sure what this means, refer to here: How to Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes If you don't have an OBD2 diagnostic code reader tool, you can go to Napa or check with a friend who works on cars.

·
Registered
2011 Sienna XLE AWD Super White
12 Posts
I just finished replacing the O2 sensor on my 2011 XLE AWD after getting CEL, AWD, traction control, exclamation point in triangle - lights on dash plus "Check VSC system,visit dealer" on rearview camera screen. I changed the O2 sensor below the Cat on the front of the engine. Denso OX Sensor Part number DEN 234-4416 is what you want. I paid $130 for it, dealer wants more than $200 for it, plus labor. You will need to raise the front of the Sienna enough to slide your head under and look up to see the sensor in the exhaust manifold. Use a 7/8" or 21mm open end wrench on the hex flats of the sensor. Disconnect the gray plastic connector first, then remove the sensor from the manifold. Reverse this for installation. There is a You Tube video doing this procedure "2011Toyota Sienna Very Deceiving Check VSC System Message" by Best Pixel Repair.

Have mechanic do this if you do not have the skills to do this.

Cars can crush you! I survived being under a GMC motorhome when the leveling jacks failed. The wheels on the creeper I was laying on went through the creeper. I was very lucky to escape with a cut over one eye, a pinched nerve in my left leg and a bruised heart. Got a free MRI when they were new in 1985 'cause they had not seen a crushed human quite like me. No lasting effects except a small scar over one eye. Not my time to leave this earth....

That said, I have 92,000 miles on my Sienna.
Good luck,

RV
20210210_150136.jpg 20210210_150120.jpg densoproducts.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts