Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned on my headlights and I noticed the passenger rear tail light has gone out. This is the one that goes on when the head lights are on (on rear hatch not the brake light on the outside). How difficult is it to replace and how much does a full LED assembly cost?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Turned on my headlights and I noticed the passenger rear tail light has gone out. This is the one that goes on when the head lights are on (on rear hatch not the brake light on the outside). How difficult is it to replace and how much does a full LED assembly cost?
The outter lights are ready, the inner lights hide behind the panel. The panel comes off easily. I haven't taken it off but last time I did the rear camera everything is pretty easy to access. It should be held in with a 10mm nut. Check eBay for used one, not expensive unless you go buy it new at the dealership . Here's some examples
Automotive parking light Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The outter lights are ready, the inner lights hide behind the panel. The panel comes off easily. I haven't taken it off but last time I did the rear camera everything is pretty easy to access. It should be held in with a 10mm nut. Check eBay for used one, not expensive unless you go buy it new at the dealership . Here's some examples View attachment 59340
Exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You just have to replace the bulb. It is a 5W bulb that you have to access by removing the rear hatch panel. Here's a video of it.

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
568 Posts
Interesting. I was looking at my lights to check for burned out lights last week and thought the hatch taillights looked kinda like LEDs but also not like LEDs. Halogen light bulb with an LED shaped reflector answers that question!

FYI owner's manual also covers replacing these lights. The above video has much more detail, such as how to remove all the trim piece clips. License plate lights and reverse lights are all accessed this way.
Font Parallel Motor vehicle Art Automotive exterior

Lights are W5W lights, 5 watt.
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

License plate lights are the same light bulb as the taillights. Since you have to go through the trouble of pulling the door trim panel, I'd personally replace both rear taillights and both license plate lights at the same time, as all 4 lights will have the same amount of hours on them. Normally I don't replace lights preemptively, but that's talking about lights that can be quickly accessed to replace. I personally wouldn't bother with the reverse lights, unless you wanted to go LED to avoid any potential removal of the trim piece in the future.

If you want LEDs instead of halogen replacements, W5W LED bulbs are readily available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts