Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota Motor Sales is pleased to announce product information and pricing for the all-new 2011MY Sienna.

With state-of the art features and rewarding driving dynamics, the all-new 2011 Sienna will set a new minivan standard for design, performance and value. The third-generation Sienna is configured for seven- or eight- passenger seating, comes in five conveniently configured grades, all sharing a distinctly new contemporary style. The models include: Sienna grade, LE, XLE, Limited and the all-new sporty SE. The segment’s only all-wheel-drive model is available with the V6 on LE, XLE and Limited grade.

Pricing for the third-generation Sienna offers unparalleled value
• Both the Sienna base MSRP of $24,260, as well as the volume-leading LE grade’s starting price of $25,345, are lower than the current generation’s
• XLE offers substantially more content at a value-driven price, even when compared to the LE
• Top-line Sienna Limited AWD remains under $40,000
• Standard equipment levels have been improved across all grades to meet customer demand at the heart of the van segment and improve lease penetration and residuals
• All grades priced below their competing Honda Odyssey models and are similarly or better equipped

The Sienna was styled at Toyota’s Calty Design Research and developed by Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, Mich., with assembly being accomplished at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana.
A choice of two responsive DOHC engines will be available: a 3.5-liter V6 or a 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine, a first for Sienna. Both engines offer the latest in efficient, lightweight technology, including Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i).
The 3.5-liter V6 makes 266 horsepower, with expected EPA-estimated mileage ratings of 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway (16 mpg city/22 mpg highway on AWD models). It also has a 3,500-pound towing capacity with the optional tow package (standard on XLE and Limited grades). With 187 horsepower, the 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine produces responsive power that exceeds some competitors V6 performance, while delivering expected EPA-estimated fuel efficiency ratings of 19 mpg city and 26 mpg on the highway, the highest of any seven- or eight-passenger minivan.
Both engines are matched with state-of-the-art, electronically controlled six-speed transmissions with sequential shift that provide smooth gear-shift feeling, quiet performance and a lightweight, compact size.

New Standard Features On All Sienna Grades
Sienna’s value has been enhanced with the adoption of new standard features on all Sienna grades. Following are features not previously available as standard:
• Safety: standard seven airbags including first in segment driver knee airbag, daytime running lights, active headrests
• Comfort and Convenience: Power windows with auto up/down and jam protection in all positions, 60/40 split and stow 3rd row seat with one motion stow, removable second row seats with tip-up and long-slide feature, cruise control, windshield de-icer, tri-zone air conditioning with air filter and rear control panel, Integrated color-keyed rear spoiler
• Performance: six-speed transmission with a sequential shift, larger 17-inch all-alloy wheels and tires, ECO driving indicator, electric power steering and enhanced VSC.

Sienna LE
In addition to the new standard equipment noted above, the 2011 Sienna LE V6 features many popular options as standard. That equipment includes: a multi-information display with back-up camera, side and quarter-window sun shades, dual power sliding side doors, Bluetooth audio with iPod USB, power driver’s seat with power lumbar, new easy clean fabric, and a center console….all for $28,900, an increase of just $2,835 over the previous generation LE V6. The four-cylinder LE starts at $25,345, and offers the aforementioned equipment as optional.

Sienna XLE
The XLE builds on the LE improvements by adding standard equipment such as a power moonroof, heated leather seats, towing package, alarm, power swing-out rear-quarter glass, power rear door, fog lights, wood grain-style trim, and optitron meters. At $32,175 the XLE offers substantial value for an increase of only $2,450 over the previous generation.

Sienna Limited
The luxury driven Limited model adds to its already extensive list of standard equipment with exclusive second row Lounge Seating, two-tone leather-trimmed seating with an 8-way power driver’s seat with memory function and four-way power passenger seat, dual moonroof with front and rear controls, smart key system on all doors with push button start and remote illuminated entry, 18-inch ten-spoke alloy wheels, sliding center console, JBL audio, power 60:40 Split & Stow 3rd Row Seat, Safety Connect, and front and rear parking sonar. The Limited FWD will debut at $38,500, an increase of only $2,835 over the model it replaces.

New Sporty SE Grade
Every Sienna will ride well and track cleanly through corners, but none more so than the newest addition to the line: the sporty SE. The SE is designed for those who appreciate an even sportier design with responsive performance. The front has a more aggressive appearance. The side skirting visually lowers the vehicle and smoked headlights make a distinctive statement. Aerodynamic sculpting hugs the standard 19-inch alloy wheels. The SE sits lower, on a sport-tuned suspension for quicker feedback and better handling. The SE also comes with exclusive instrumentation and unique interior colors and trim, and will be offered at an attractive price of $30,550.

All-New Features
The 2011 Sienna offers features never before offered on any Toyota such as an available panorama camera with dual views (normal and wide angle views) and integrated back-up guides, available dual-view entertainment center, Lounge Seating, and a dual moonroof. Other new features available on Sienna include VDIM, pre-collision system, hill assist control, auto high beams, smart key and rain sensing wipers.

Sienna vs. Odyssey
• The all-new Sienna LE V6 MSRP is $1,000 less ($28,900) than the Odyssey EX ($29,905).
• With all of its additional standard equipment, the all-new Sienna XLE starting price ($32,175) is still $1,230 less than the Honda EX-L
• The Limited grade with its extensive list of standard features is $2,255 less than the high-end Odyssey Touring model.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Doug,
Do you have any price information on the "LE Preferred Package" on the 4 cylinder? (The package adds most of the goodies that comes along standard on the LE V6, like dual power sliding doors, backup camera, etc)

Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I have so far:

Sienna Base 4cyl FWD 7 pass - $24260
Sienna Base V6 FWD 7 pass - $25500
Sienna LE 4cyl FWD 8 pass - $25345
Sienna LE V6 FWD 8 pass - $28900
Sienna LE V6 AWD 7 pass - $31130
Sienna SE V6 FWD 8 pass - $30550
Sienna XLE V6 FWD 8 pass - $32175
Sienna XLE V6 AWD 7 pass - $34515
Sienna Limited V6 FWD 7 pass - $38500
Sienna Limited V6 AWD 7 pass - $39770

THese are all base prices, may not include packages, options, and destination/delivery. I will try to provide more information as I get it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I posted that I looked and saw that my 2011 Siennas were priced as of today. There are no 4cyl being built in the nation, so I cannot pass on any information about those as of yet. I will try to get more pricing online throughout the day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When the 2004's were being built, Toyota announced weeks ahead of time that the release day would be 3/14/03. We still don't have a release date for the '11.
Could you find that out please. Also, will your dealership offer any discounts from MSRP like some other dealers are already offering. I've seen anywhere from 50 to 150 dollars. Small amount compared to a 33,000 dollar XLE, but just wondering what kind of competition there will be especially with the new Honda not too far down the road.

·
Registered
121 Posts
dougbonczek said:
As I posted that I looked and saw that my 2011 Siennas were priced as of today. There are no 4cyl being built in the nation, so I cannot pass on any information about those as of yet. I will try to get more pricing online throughout the day.
Ahhh, that's right. I knew that the 4s weren't coming til later. There's a big price jump on the base MSRP on the LE4 to the LE6, and with the preferred package on the LE4, the only real difference is the engine. I'll just have to wait then.

Thanks for your posts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
siennaitaly said:
When the 2004's were being built, Toyota announced weeks ahead of time that the release day would be 3/14/03. We still don't have a release date for the '11.
Could you find that out please. Also, will your dealership offer any discounts from MSRP like some other dealers are already offering. I've seen anywhere from 50 to 150 dollars. Small amount compared to a 33,000 dollar XLE, but just wondering what kind of competition there will be especially with the new Honda not too far down the road.
I don't have an exact release date, per se', however I do know that my first 2011 Sienna was built this week in Princeton, and is going to be transported shortly to my dealership. My advantage is that Princeton is just a few hours away, so I get mine pretty quick. I have an estimated date of arrival around 1/25 - 1/30 but nothing concrete yet.

As far as discounts go, we don't have a set policy in place, that is not how my dealership operates. I do know that the sales managers don't ever want to lose a deal, so I am sure we will discount the Sienna if that's what it takes. But as I said, we do not operate with a set policy of do/don't discount vehicles.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
siennaitaly said:
I've seen anywhere from 50 to 150 dollars.
The more I think about this, I get more confused. Why would a dealership promote a $50 discount? That just seems crazy. I'd actually be insulted if I went to buy a $33000 item and they told me "great news, you get $50 off!"

Either give a respectable discount or don't do it at all...$50 is just silly...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree, but see the e-mail below

"This is Tom at Toyota Sunnyvale. I've gotten a new allocation of Siennas, and now have about 60 in the pipeline. The vans will start coming in around Feb. 1st. Do you have more of a specific idea of what you want as far as color or options? All of the vans are either LE or XLE, and only a few vans are AWD, so it would take me quite a while to send you an equpment list on 50+ vehicles. Let's narrow it down to a package or two, and a few colors." -- 1/8/2010

"No pricing from Toyota yet, but I do have 28 Sienna's allocated to me with color and equipment listed. Have you researched to the point where you know what you want? Let me know, I am taking deposits and reserving cars starting today. My pricing will be $50 off of MSRP" -- 1/5/2010

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. Sunnyvale does have 58 2011's allocated to them, so he's right about that. I have 4. Oh well...the price of being small, family run, and in the middle of a bunch of cornfields...

Anyways, yeah...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've contacted one of dealers in Seattle Area.
Here is what they quoted for 2011 Sienna Limited AWD.
$6000 markup + $3500-$4000 profit. Wow, this dealer is pretty greedy considering the state of economy we are in.

"Thanks for your email. Selling price is 45994 plus tax, license a 150.00 document fee and a 9.00 state title transfer fee. We require a 3000 deposit to hold the vehicle for you. What would you like to do? Please advise."

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Thanks for the great info, Doug!
Happy New Year to You & Yours!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
andytaro said:
$6000 markup + $3500-$4000 profit. Wow, this dealer is pretty greedy considering the state of economy we are in.

"Thanks for your email. Selling price is 45994 plus tax, license a 150.00 document fee and a 9.00 state title transfer fee. We require a 3000 deposit to hold the vehicle for you. What would you like to do? Please advise."
They're just operating on the "gouge the first/early-adopters while they can" approach. :mad: :eek: ::) :'(

·
Registered
617 Posts
Chassis and AWD change?

Does the new sienna have the newer chassis that is the basis for the highlander? Is it the same chassis as 2004-2010? does it have a different AWD system than the previous model? More details on the "guts" would be appreciated. I've considered trading our 2005 in for a newer AWD model and just wanted the details of this new generation's underpinnings.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Re: Chassis and AWD change?

tcp said:
Does the new sienna have the newer chassis that is the basis for the highlander?
It is not the Highlander chassis: the Sienna continues to use a rear suspension which is similar to that under a Corolla, and entirely different from the Highlander (or Camry, or RAV4). The first generation Sienna structure and rear suspension were not based on the first-generation Highlander, either. We discussed this in 2011 Sienna OFFICIAL Product Info.

tcp said:
Is it the same chassis as 2004-2010? does it have a different AWD system than the previous model?
This was discussed here in the topic 2011 Sienna - Edmunds.com First Drive Article. It seems that the third generation (2011) Sienna chassis is basically the same as the second generation (2004-2010), except that the AWD system has fundamentally changed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
andytaro said:

I have to disagree - the dealer is just trying to make some money, in the very short time period when the market for redesigned Siennas is very tight. It's not greed, it's just a market reality. If someone wants to pay that markup and the dealer can get it, then both the buyer and seller are happy. If the dealer is overpriced, then they don't make the sale and neither buyer nor seller are happy. But that's a choice the dealer gets to make.

Soon enough, the market will equilibrate, and we'll be out there trying to get these Siennas at or close to invoice as possible. If selling a few early at this markup can keep these dealers in business, that allows us to keep more dealers competing with each other, enabling us to get these great deals later.

So, if you really must have one now, prepare to pay. If you can wait, then you won't be facing these markups.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dbthompson said:
andytaro said:

I have to disagree - the dealer is just trying to make some money, in the very short time period when the market for redesigned Siennas is very tight. It's not greed, it's just a market reality. If someone wants to pay that markup and the dealer can get it, then both the buyer and seller are happy. If the dealer is overpriced, then they don't make the sale and neither buyer nor seller are happy. But that's a choice the dealer gets to make.

Soon enough, the market will equilibrate, and we'll be out there trying to get these Siennas at or close to invoice as possible. If selling a few early at this markup can keep these dealers in business, that allows us to keep more dealers competing with each other, enabling us to get these great deals later.

So, if you really must have one now, prepare to pay. If you can wait, then you won't be facing these markups.
I would never do business with a dealer who tries that junk... Price gouging a minivan?? That's laughable... and there are too many respectable dealerships to choose from to have to deal with this. In a few short weeks there will be many thousands of new Siennas from which to choose... and the dealer who didn't try and stick it to me will get my money... and they will get it again when I replace my second car... and they will get my recommendation when my sister replaces her car... There are at least 5 Toyota stores within 200 mile radius of my home... Go ahead... try and gouge me. LOL

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I wouldn't do business with a dealer like that and we should name that dealer here so everyone beware of the snake.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts