Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Toyota and all car manufacturers that do business in the USA have to abide by the fuel mileage standards (CAFE - Corporate Average Fuel Economy) in effect, or get assessed a penalty....well, OK, the consumer actually pays it (gas guzzler tax). It is an "average" of all applicable vehicle types in the manufacturer's model lineup. They can still sell gas-guzzlers, as long as they sell enough hi-mileage models to bring the "average" back in line. That is probably one of the several reasons for 4-cylinder Siennas even being offered....to help offset the mileage penalties of the larger SUVs, full-size pickups, and 6-cylinder Siennas in the corporate lineup.

dbthompson said:
~snip!~

On the 4 cyl, yeah I know there's not much EPA mpg difference, but I'll be interested to see if the real-world-mpg shows more.
I've not heard of too many cases where the real world mpg numbers are BETTER than the posted gov't estimate. It is possible, but IME those numbers are for "comparison" purposes only and don't actually reflect the mpgs most consumers would achieve.....which tend to be LOWER.

YMMV.
Good Luck!! 8)

·
Registered
101 Posts
npauli said:
dbthompson - you read my mind. The only 2011 Sienna I would consider is the LE 4cyl preferred pkg, but I found the pricing amusing.

On the base model, the 4cyl saves you $1240 vs. the V6
on the LE, it appears to COST $500 more!

Can that be right?
Is that Toyota's way of saying "we just want to advertise better fuel economy, without actually selling any that way"?
No, I had cut & pasted the msrps from an earlier post, that did not include shipping charge, so the V6 LE with shipping is $29,700. Toyota also seems to be throwing in the floor mats to every Sienna at the additional $250 charge or so, so I'm guessing Doug's $29,400 includes that. So, you save about $550 or so with the I4 LE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just got a quote for a 2011 Sienna Limited AWD in Blizzard Pearl with Nav, Entertainment, and CX (HID lights & rain-sensing wipers) for 40,971. How does that sound? We're in Massachusetts. Love the forum, lots of great info here! Can't wait to be a Sienna owner!

·
Registered
617 Posts
wedphotog:

That'd be the best deal I've heard of, and it's below cost. Better look it over carefully as it may have been damaged and repaired. Or maybe they're offering too little for your trade, or there's some factory incentive on it that we don't know about.

FYI, a common tactic when a customer is walking out the door is to offer them an impossibly good deal. The customer can then shop around and not find a better price. When you go back, they say the deal is no longer valid.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Yeah. Tell your dealership I'll buy 10 at that price! That's like incredibly below invoice! Take that deal and RUN!!!

And seriously, tell them I'll buy all of the rest of their AWD Limiteds! That's less than i pay from the factory!

In the midwest, we have no incentives at all on Sienna XLE or Limited. ZERO.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts