Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we use the auto AC feature all the time, set to around 68 or 69 degrees. We turn off the van while it's set to that setting. We've been noticing recently that when starting the van the AC doesn't remember what it was set to, in fact it's completely off, front and rear. When we push the AUTO button, it comes back on but set to 75 degrees. We can turn it back down to 68 and it works fine to cool the van, feels ice cold as it should.

Just an annoyance that it doesn't remember the last setting and we have to turn it back on every time we start the car.

I have trouble googling this problem as I get tons of hits for AC not working, which isn't exactly the situation...

Anyone ever heard of this happening?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So we use the auto AC feature all the time, set to around 68 or 69 degrees. We turn off the van while it's set to that setting. We've been noticing recently that when starting the van the AC doesn't remember what it was set to, in fact it's completely off, front and rear. When we push the AUTO button, it comes back on but set to 75 degrees. We can turn it back down to 68 and it works fine to cool the van, feels ice cold as it should.

Just an annoyance that it doesn't remember the last setting and we have to turn it back on every time we start the car.

I have trouble googling this problem as I get tons of hits for AC not working, which isn't exactly the situation...

Hello, did you ever find out the problem? I have the EXACT issue but it happens every couple of times.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update? Similar problem but only forgets climate control settings at startup. No radio issues. After starting the van climate buttons don't work for about 20 seconds, then defrost light goes amber at which point we can adjust settings. Checked all 7.5A fuses and all were OK. Strange it happened after an oil change, probably coincidence.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2011 Minivan just started doing this after an oil change. I don't see any fixes here for replies. Did anyone figure out what is going on? Is there a fix?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 SE that just started doing the exact same thing. No problem with the radio but the HVAC settings don’t work for about 20 seconds or so after the car starts and it always resets to 75°. If I stop the car and restart it immediately it will remember where it was but if it goes more than about 5 to 10 minutes before sI have a 2014 SE that just started doing the exact same thing. No problem with the radio but the HVAC settings don’t work for about 20 seconds or so after the car starts and it always resets to 75°. If I stop the car and restart it immediately it will remember where it was but if it goes more than about 5 to 10 minutes It takes a while before the controls become active again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 SE that just started doing the exact same thing. No problem with the radio but the HVAC settings don’t work for about 20 seconds or so after the car starts and it always resets to 75°. If I stop the car and restart it immediately it will remember where it was but if it goes more than about 5 to 10 minutes before sI have a 2014 SE that just started doing the exact same thing. No problem with the radio but the HVAC settings don’t work for about 20 seconds or so after the car starts and it always resets to 75°. If I stop the car and restart it immediately it will remember where it was but if it goes more than about 5 to 10 minutes It takes a while before the controls become active again.
I ended up taking it in to be serviced and had to replace some motor. Cost a couple of hundred and works fine again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would love to know one about what was replaced, my 2014 is having the same issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts