Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help please, if anyone out there is familiar with this problem. Electrical problems began with headlights occasionally turning off when on auto mode, and occasional unresponsive power sliding doors, power windows/locks. Now happening every time the car is driven. Often cannot use key fob to unlock car, so must perform operation manually which will cause a delayed alarm to go off while operating the vehicle. So far malfunctions are limited to the lights, windows, locks, power doors/lift, alarm. Sometime nothing works, sometimes all of it, sometimes a few things work. Difficult to drive because at night, we have lost all headlights except holding the temporary brights in place....no other headlight options worked. If we hit a bump, sometimes everything begins working again. Is there a failure point in the wiring we should check? A mechanic has checked and replaced fuses, checked some wiring from door to dash (not sure how thorough). I was washing the car this week with the fob in my pocket. When the hose spray hit the door, the car started locking and unlocking. Is there a general failure point to check before taking the dash apart?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm not saying it will work but worth the try. Go to the engine bay and open up the relay box. Press every relay you can think of and make sure none of them are loose. Dozing water to the door handle can do that opening and unlocking. I believe that is normal.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
Widespread systemic issues can often be traced to a marginal battery or alternator. Sudden voltage sag can glitch the myriad body processors with unpredictable results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts