Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Limited Sienna. The DVD option is no longer appearing on the head unit. The screen will not turn on with the remote. The DVD appears to be working but there is no audio or picture. The Navigation is working. The radio will not play UNLESS a DVD is in the player. Fuses are good. I have read many post, but I still am not able to find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
There have been many past threads about this happening but nobody has come back to tell us what fixed the problem - except one person who said that the problem was fixed by replacing the rear video unit attached to the roof. IIRC, he had just bought a used Sienna from a Toyota dealership and the dealership swapped out the video unit from another Sienna on their lot.

I suggest having the problem diagnosed by a Toyota dealership. If the problem is with the rear video unit, there are companies that repair them and refurbished units are available for far, far less than the cost of a new unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I have tried to find the instructions on how to remove the rear video unit to have it tested. I have found older model removal but my unit is different than those posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to follow up and let you know the roof unit was the issue. I found a great place in Louisville, KY, called Roberts Audio. I purchased one for $425 and it has a year warranty. Everything is in working order now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As I thought, the problem is a head unit... But which one did you buy? The original one? because the price is a little high in my opinion. I had a similar problem on my car and I decided to repair it firstly, but the price of repair was higher than the price of a new double din unit, but not the original one. I have read many Best head unit reviews and chose BOSS Audio Systems BVCP9675. it was much cheaper than the original Siennas unit and it had many more functions. Also, I have an iPhone so the huge benefit of this unit was Tremendous iPhone support. the reviews I have read helped me a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a refurbished unit with a year warranty. Most businesses only offered a 90 day warranty. I am very happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts