Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, I rented the noid light kit from Autozone and checked fuel injectors 2,4,6 wiring. They all blinked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
do you have oil leaking into the spark plug tubes?

label your parts with which cylinder they come out of so that you don't mix them up or you will make diagnosing more difficult. Did you look into the firing end of the coils with a flashlight for any signs of damage? Check the electrical plug ends on the harness and coils as well. try swapping coils into different positions to see if the misfires move around with the coils. If you have techstream or some other OBDII scanner to watch live data you can see which cylinders are misfiring as the engine is running. If moving coils around doesn't change anything then you would try moving the plugs around to see if that changes anything, again using a scanner to watch misfire data. This is the way to find what is causing your troubles.

if all else fails, put the old plugs back in and see what happens

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you haven't replaced the other two front spark plugs with your orignals or replaced with a second set of new ones, I'd start there given that you found a cracked insulator on the one plug. My line of thought is this: (1) replacing the one, crack or no crack, stopped the code for that cylinder and thus far you've gotten no where on the other two and you haven't put fresh plugs in them, (2) all of the front cylinders are easy enough to access that you might have over tightened all of them when you replaced them, thus causing damage, visible or not, (3) you've checked multiple other possible sources for the problem and come up empty handed, and (4) it's a fairly easy and cheap to replace the other spark plugs to see if that clears out your problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you haven't replaced the other two front spark plugs with your orignals or replaced with a second set of new ones, I'd start there given that you found a cracked insulator on the one plug. My line of thought is this: (1) replacing the one, crack or no crack, stopped the code for that cylinder and thus far you've gotten no where on the other two and you haven't put fresh plugs in them, (2) all of the front cylinders are easy enough to access that you might have over tightened all of them when you replaced them, thus causing damage, visible or not, (3) you've checked multiple other possible sources for the problem and come up empty handed, and (4) it's a fairly easy and cheap to replace the other spark plugs to see if that clears out your problem.
Agree, because he should to replace those at least two bad ones anyway first of all the broken tip one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for all the responses. I did notice oil on some coils and plugs. I wiped it off with the shop towel.
Also, I am concerned about the plugs that I replaced recently. They looked burn and really dirty. I’ll go ahead and replace the plugs in Cylinders 2 & 6.
Unfortunately, I had already threw away the original plugs.
My Centech OBDII scanner does not have live data capability. I can shop for a better scanner.

·
Registered
179 Posts
how that oil can go there? Indeed something xtremly wrong. It looks the engine oil somehow go into the sparkplugs

·
Registered
179 Posts
Maybe I am wrong (I hope im wrong). You spilled the oil when you filled; you didn't tight those plugs properly? Because the engine oil is not supposed to be there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since you broke the seal between the old plugs and coil packs I would buy a new coil pack and swap it into one of the misfiring cylinders and see if it goes away (or swap the coil packs around and see if the misfire follows). Coil packs can do funny things. Also def check the injectors by swapping them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I replaced the plug and the three lights (AWD, Check Engine, Trac Off) turned off. My scanner stopped showing error code. But Autozone scanner still showed misfired.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the lights are all off and it feels like it's running fine, I wouldn't worry about it right now. In a couple of weeks, have AutoZone rescan and see if anything shows up then.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts