Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having fits with my XM radio and really could use some help. Local dealer is pretty useless and really doesn't want to deal with this at all so going solo on this adventure. He suggested replacing just the antenna ($500) as a starting point. Some starting point...no thanks. I get the "no signal" even when out on the open road. I have a portable XM radio in my other car and using that with the cheap portable magnetic antenna it works 1000 x better then the one in the van. Mine never cuts out. Thinking its the antenna but also may be the tuner. Planning a little troubleshooting using a spare XM portable radio antenna. Figure I connect this to the tuner and drive around...it it comes in clear then definitely the antenna. If not then tuner may be issue.
Found paper on 2011 Sienna showing tuner mounted under driver seat. Didn't rip up carpet but looking underneath all the wires for the electrical seat controls go under there...so couldn't imagine its under there. A paper on 2013 Sienna shows tuner mounted behind glove compartment. Being its about 10 deg out here I'm hoping someone here can set me in the right direction as to where this may be mounted to avoid too much guess work.
My frost-bitten fingers will be thankful.
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having fits with my XM radio and really could use some help. Local dealer is pretty useless and really doesn't want to deal with this at all so going solo on this adventure. He suggested replacing just the antenna ($500) as a starting point. Some starting point...no thanks. I get the "no signal" even when out on the open road. I have a portable XM radio in my other car and using that with the cheap portable magnetic antenna it works 1000 x better then the one in the van. Mine never cuts out. Thinking its the antenna but also may be the tuner. Planning a little troubleshooting using a spare XM portable radio antenna. Figure I connect this to the tuner and drive around...it it comes in clear then definitely the antenna. If not then tuner may be issue.
Found paper on 2011 Sienna showing tuner mounted under driver seat. Didn't rip up carpet but looking underneath all the wires for the electrical seat controls go under there...so couldn't imagine its under there. A paper on 2013 Sienna shows tuner mounted behind glove compartment. Being its about 10 deg out here I'm hoping someone here can set me in the right direction as to where this may be mounted to avoid too much guess work.
My frost-bitten fingers will be thankful.
Thanks,
Frank
[/QUOTE

Did this ever work?? My signal on my 2012 is HORRIBLE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts