Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just replace my transmission with a factory rebuild from Toyota. This whole thing started when I got a check engine light. They had me replace the solenoid pressure valve but thirty days later the light is back on and they want to replace the transmission with only 81,000 miles on it! Toyota helped me out by partially covering the cost. They found the sway bar had been broken and replace that as well. I pick up the van and noticed a rattling the front end when I when going over a hole or bump. I took it back and they said the issue was the sway bar linkage was not laying flush. They replaced it with a factory part from Toyota. I noticed a small improvement but same issue. Anybody got any ideas for me? I have the steering popping that typical on these too. I am considering getting a new Sienna but the first gen scares me. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am aware of that and got a proposal to fix it for $1,000. I am just living with it at this point. I can't keep chasing down these large repairs after paying for the transmission replacement. The sway bar issue is an added issue to that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts