Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my 04 Sienna with a used one from the 2012-13 range. Any significant advantages getting a 2013 over 2012. I looked back at reviews and doesn't seem to be much difference other than the 6 cylinder being standard in 2013. I would only buy a 6 cylinder if buying a 2012 and at least a LE like my 04. Also looking at 2014 but the ratings don't seem as high for that year.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Differences between the 2012 and 2013 are dependent on trim. For example the 2013 XLE and Limited got acoustic windshields for the first time and the Limited got turn signals in the exterior mirror covers instead of in the glass. The sales brochures help but don't explain all the differences: http://www.auto-brochures.com/toyota.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Differences between the 2012 and 2013 are dependent on trim. For example the 2013 XLE and Limited got acoustic windshields for the first time and the Limited got turn signals in the exterior mirror covers instead of in the glass. The sales brochures help but don't explain all the differences: http://www.auto-brochures.com/toyota.html
Thanks for the info. I'm guessing there's not much of any difference in reliability between the years since there weren't many changes. My 04 was the first year of the major redesign gen2 and has lots of little issues that I think were fixed in 05 or after. I know 2011 was the start of gen3 so hopefully little issues were worked out by 2012, maybe even more by 2013 or 14.

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Given a choice? I'd steer you to the 2013.

The van was new in 2011 and there were a ton of TSB's related to a whole bunch of issue. They were still making running changes well into 2012. Things seemed to really settle into a rhythm by 2013. That doesn't mean you couldn't get a great van and be happy with a prior year model (2011 or 2012), but if it was my money.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given a choice? I'd steer you to the 2013.

The van was new in 2011 and there were a ton of TSB's related to a whole bunch of issue. They were still making running changes well into 2012. Things seemed to really settle into a rhythm by 2013. That doesn't mean you couldn't get a great van and be happy with a prior year model (2011 or 2012), but if it was my money.....
Thanks for the advice. Still on the hunt.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a March, 2012, model. No issues other than some squeaks and rattles I had to track down and fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts