Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am weighting these two years heavily right now and wanted to see if anyone on this forum could tell me about any major mechanical ticking time bombs that can occur from these models as a result of a design flaw. I read a lot and this is a big purchase. I just don't want to be on the side of the road because I picked a model year where things didn't go as planned on the assembly line. Does the third generation have problems I need to look out for (assuming perfect maintenance done)?

Thanks!

Sean

·
Registered
292 Posts
Either model year should be OK You might have some minor annoyances, like a seat that rattles on a bumpy road, but mechanically, both model years are reliable.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
2013 was the first model year that the XLE got an acoustic windshield. You might want to verify that a previous owner didn't "cheap out" and have a regular windshield installed. "ACOUSTIC" should be printed on the lower driver side corner of the windshield. I was told when I had the windshield in my 2014 Limited replaced that the only acoustic windshields available were OEM.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 14 and really like it. We have 38k miles on it with zero issues... we are hard on vehicles with a family of 5 and a dog, and the sienna takes it like a champ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts