Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added too much Freon and AC blow hot air. Then I drove 30 miles and smelled from hood. The fuse box burned at open lid conner and melt.
my question is: what’s the green part at top side of fuse box? I tried to unplug it but failed! Is it related AC parts?
Thanks
Rectangle Product Font Parallel Pattern

Audio equipment Computer hardware Gadget Electrical wiring Hood

·
Registered
'11 Limited FWD
418 Posts
Wish I could help, but I have no idea what it is. I tried to remove mine and it did not want to come out easily. And as you probably know, the owner's manual doesn't show it.

·
Registered
'11 Limited FWD
418 Posts
Yes, whatever that green thing is it would not lift out with moderate pressure, even though I was pushing what seemed to be a release latch. I have no idea what it actually is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My problem is the clutch relay slot no power, the clutch can not engage! I think the wire under box is melt and disconnected.
Replace the fuse box is a complicated job.
Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sounds like you had corrosion in the fusebox and that is why it melted. Was it to do with the AC not working?? Maybe.

Honestly have no idea what the green part is used for or what it is called. I think a long $$$ road is coming your way. Sorry. I dont think this is going to be a easy fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried getting 12v power from nearby relay connect to clutch relay, now relay engaged and spin, but still no cool air. Low high side pressure read same around 55 psi. Looks like the compressor did not work. Also the wire connection drain the battery . The dash A/C switch turn on/off can not stop clutch engaging.
I think there are short circuit under relay slot. Yes it’s long $$$$ to go. I asked AC repair, they send me to electrical store, I was told $300 check fee and come back 3 days later ......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts