Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2013 Toyota Sienna and its been a good minivan for the last 6 years for my family. This morning it is raining and I left my car in the parking lot after 2 hours when I return to the car my daughter noticed the pillar by the driver seat where the seat belt is located the headlining is soaking wet.

I check what most people say online which point to the drain hole on the sunroof may be clog so I give it a try. I dried the headlining using hair dryer and towel paper before doing some testing to find out if the leak is cause by the clog drain hole on the sunroof. I pour more than 1 liter of water I hear the water pass thru the drain hole and down under the car. The headliner is still dry after the test. Now I wonder if I clean the clog drain by pouring water on it. Since it is still raining outside I park the van outside in front of the house. 30 minutes passed I checked no sign of water leak, after 2 hours, I noticed the water leak the headlining starting to build up water.

So now my question, where is the source of the leak if the water drain hole on both sunroof (front and back) are draining water properly. Any fix/suggestion that you guys can share will be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with water coming in through the seat belt column after my van sits out in the rain. It had come through the driver side twice and the passenger side once. This does not happen when taking the van through an automated car wash. If anyone has a fix I would really appreciate the help. I'm good with a little DIY project, just need to know where to start. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue with water coming in through the seat belt column after my van sits out in the rain. It had come through the driver side twice and the passenger side once. This does not happen when taking the van through an automated car wash. If anyone has a fix I would really appreciate the help. I'm good with a little DIY project, just need to know where to start. Thank you!
I have a 2011 Sienna Limited dual sunroof and have the same exact problem. Water leaks like this seem very common among Sienna owners. I've read the most common causes are the small black openings in the alum. track system leak and alot of people are just sealing it of with silicone. Also I've read that the bolts are becoming loose that hold the roof rack down. Thus letting water come in under the roof rack. That can either be fixed by silicone or dropping the headliner and trying to tighten up the bolts. I haven't been able to fix mine yet but I'm gonna try the roof rack fix first. My roof rack is slightly loose and I think thats my problem. I would open the sunroof and put water in your tray then see if the water is draing out the sunroof drains just behind your mudflap area. If it's draing properly then I would look at the roof rack and see if it's loose. It should not have any wiggle room at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have had the same issue with my wife's 2011 SIenna Limited with dual roof. I think I've finally found the problem. I've tried to clean the drain tubes thinking that was the problem and yet it continues to leak every time it rains. Water coming in just above the seatbelt at the driver and passenger side, also getting the headliner and seatbelt wet. I took clear silicone and sealed around the roof rack mounts (just the front ones) and this morning no water. (It rained all night). I have found out that the roof rack mounts will loosen over time and let water come in. It's a simple fix, hope this helps.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't have a leak yet; and my Sienna does not have a sunroof. But since it does have a roofrack I will keep this thread in mind if a leak should develop. Thanks for posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts