Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2013 Toyota Sienna and its been a good minivan for the last 6 years for my family. This morning it is raining and I left my car in the parking lot after 2 hours when I return to the car my daughter noticed the pillar by the driver seat where the seat belt is located the headlining is soaking wet.

I check what most people say online which point to the drain hole on the sunroof may be clog so I give it a try. I dried the headlining using hair dryer and towel paper before doing some testing to find out if the leak is cause by the clog drain hole on the sunroof. I pour more than 1 liter of water I hear the water pass thru the drain hole and down under the car. The headliner is still dry after the test. Now I wonder if I clean the clog drain by pouring water on it. Since it is still raining outside I park the van outside in front of the house. 30 minutes passed I checked no sign of water leak, after 2 hours, I noticed the water leak the headlining starting to build up water.

So now my question, where is the source of the leak if the water drain hole on both sunroof (front and back) are draining water properly. Any fix/suggestion that you guys can share will be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with water coming in through the seat belt column after my van sits out in the rain. It had come through the driver side twice and the passenger side once. This does not happen when taking the van through an automated car wash. If anyone has a fix I would really appreciate the help. I'm good with a little DIY project, just need to know where to start. Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts