Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 2013 Sienna LE with towing prep package. The Sienna date of manufacture is May 2013. In the jack compartment are two connectors (see picture) that were wrapped in a 6"X6" towel that says, "Yazaki 7090-2384". Are these wiring connectors for for towing wiring harness?

I talked to the parts department where I purchased the Sienna and they said a wiring harness is not available, but Toyota shows one on their website under Sienna Accessories; http://www.toyota.com/sienna/accessories.html#!section/Exterior/8 .

This is so confusing. No one that I have talked to at Toyota has a clue about towing package wiring for the Sienna. Do other Toyota vehicle wiring harnesses fit the Sienna?

I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer on a wiring harness to wire my 3013 Sienna without removing a bunch of panels and light assemblies. Any advise?

100_7879.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same question and my son found the solution: he said hey dad, why not contact Yazaki, and they replied:

Thanks for the great question! The beige cloth is “magic pile” and it is used to control optional circuits and connector(s) within the vehicle. When the optional circuits/connectors are used the cloth is removed and the connection is made with the optional device. If the option is not used in the vehicle. The cloth protects the optional circuits and connector(s) from making unwanted noise in the vehicle.

The optional connector(s) you found in your vehicle is the SDAR unit (satellite radio). In future models, the SDARs unit was integrated into the audio head unit.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts