Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just have some questions about this transmission, by sealed does it mean that you can't get it open and clean out the screen in it and drain the fluid?
Also the dealer told me the screen should get cleaned and the fluid replaced every 6 years or 96,000kms. I plan on putting a transmission cooler on it and hauling a maximum 3,400 lb camper with it. Would it be wise to in that case service the transmission every 3 years or 48,000 kms? I plan on keeping this van for a long time...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sealed means there is no dipstick tube and no drain plug. The filter is accessible by dropping the pan which is how you would drain the fluid too. Refill through a fill hole (don't know if it's on the top or the side though).

There is no change interval under normal usage. You should follow whatever the manual calls for under the severe usage guidelines since you're towing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Also the dealer told me the screen should get cleaned and the fluid replaced every 6 years or 96,000kms

Did the dealer give you a price on doing it? Guessing you are from Canada with KM's.

Sealed means there is no dipstick tube and no drain plug. The filter is accessible by dropping the pan which is how you would drain the fluid too. Refill through a fill hole (don't know if it's on the top or the side though).

There is a drain plug on the transmission. :) There is a procedure on how to do it in another thread. :) Granted not as easy as the Gen1/Gen2 Siennas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the dealer give you a price on doing it? Guessing you are from Canada with KM's.

There is a drain plug on the transmission. :) There is a procedure on how to do it in another thread. :) Granted not as easy as the Gen1/Gen2 Siennas.

Yes I am from Canada. I didn't get a price on it but i generally prefer to do as much maintenance that I can on my own. I will try to find that thread, thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts