Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 XLE, which I'd like to equip for light-duty towing (hauling a sports trailer loaded with several bikes or kayaks), weight should be below 1000 LB.

I understand the 2014 vans come standard with tow prep package. So what other parts do I need to begin towing? I suppose I will just need a hitch and the wiring harness? Whats products do you recommend?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd go to eTrailer and buy the hitch receiver (that bolts to the under body) and a lighting adapter with a flat 4 way plug. If you have brakes on the trailer, you need to add a brake controller. I'd get a hitch with a 2 inch opening as opposed to the 1 1/4". It is much easier to find accessories like bike racks, etc. And if you decide to pull a heavier trailer, you are good to go. Wiring kits and accessories are at the bottom of the page. Of course you will also need to purchase a stinger and tow ball. The stinger should be chosen so that the trailer tows level - some have a lift and some have a drop. The right ball size will be stamped on the trailer coupler.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2014_Toyota_Sienna.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts