Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE and it has an aftermarket head unit. All of the AV video player stuff works (Video Screen, Back headphone ports), but the video audio does not play on the main system audio. What should I do to fix this or find a solution.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Whoever installed the aftermarket head unit did a great job since functionality of the rear video system is often lost. It sounds like what you now have is working similar to the OEM system on the 2015-2020 Sienna in that the video on those cannot be played on the in-dash head unit. 2014 was the last model year in which video could be played on the in-dash screen.

I suppose you could see if your aftermarket head unit has a video-in port that could accept the video played on the rear system and then somehow connect it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a used 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE and it has an aftermarket head unit. All of the AV video player stuff works (Video Screen, Back headphone ports), but the video audio does not play on the main system audio. What should I do to fix this or find a solution.
Have you tried it in park with the emergency brake on?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I suppose I should have added that on the OEM 2011-2014 AV systems, video could be displayed on the in-dash screen only if it was initiated on the in-dash screen. When video was initiated on the in-dash screen, the video played on both the in-dash and roof mounted screens and the audio for the video could be heard through the vehicle speakers. When the video was initiated on the roof mounted screen using the remote control, the video could not also be displayed on the in-dash screen and the audio played only through the headphones..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts