Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 2014 XLE Sienna and I am surprised to learn that it doesn't appear to have satellite radio. When I look in the manuals it shows where SAT would be listed with the other radio sources.

Does anyone know if satellite radio can be added to the 2014 XLE?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
There were three audio head units available on the 2014 XLE. I'm assuming that you have the middle one (in cost) - Display Navigation with Entune which has a 6.1 inch screen. If that is the case, it has "SiriusXM Radio capability (additional hardware and subscription required)".

Only the most expensive 7-inch "Voice-Activated Touch-Screen DVD Navigation System" that was optional on the XLE had standard satellite radio in 2014. It's all documented in the 2014 Sienna sales brochure which you can view at http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Toyota/Sienna/Toyota_US Sienna_2014.pdf

Edit: correction. the standard non-navigation head unit on the 2014 XLE appears to have had standard XM radio with a trial subscription.

Maybe the "additional hardware" (tuner, antenna, etc.) can still be added. It's been a long time since I've seen a thread about it on this forum. FYI, smartphone app streaming of XM satellite radio is now included in an XM subscription. While I subscribe to XM radio, I listen to it only via satellite and don't use the smartphone streaming method.

If you have a smartphone with a decent data plan and drive in areas where there is good cell phone service, there are lots of other options. For example, we're going to drive 400+ miles tomorrow and will be streaming Internet radio (the Tunein radio service) most of the way. Satellite radio is more useful to us when we drive in rural areas where there are few traditional radio stations and little or no cell phone service.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had the basic radio (the one with the two knobs and green matrix screen) and I only had to add an antenna to the blue plug on the back of the unit. I believe its called a fakra plug or something like it.
Just press the band button and check if yours have the SAT option and if it does it will likely display a "check antenna" error. if you have that then just add a normal sirius xm antenna with a fakra plug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts