Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traxda kit installed yesterday. Installer used flat washers to extend rear shocks, used the K90344 end links and SPC #81290 camber bolts. Height was measured to the closest 1/8” from ground through centerline of wheel to wheel well. Front and rear axles look pretty much horizontal to the ground now.
Results:
Left Front +2.5"
Left Rear +2.175"
Right Front +2.375"
Right Rear + 1.925"

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will. Just got my camping gear back into the van and it is nearly ready to go. Unfortunately work is very busy now so can't take time off for a trip while it is still relatively cool here in NC. Uwharrie national forest is a few hours west of me where I can use campgrounds and/or dispersed camping. Looking forward to it.

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made my first trip in my Traxda lifted 2015 AWD. All went well on forest service roads around Black Mountain NC (Pisgah NF) and no issues to report. Started snowing on me on top of Mt Mitchell after the temperature dropped to 32F on my ride up to the summit. The van handled the service roads well and actually achieved my highest fuel economy yet on the way home at 28+ mpg. I am starting to think about +1 or +2 tires.

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The stock links are too short. The longer Highlander Moog links add 2" to compensate for the 2" higher sway bar after the Traxda install.
Hello,

i ran into the exact opposite on my 2011 Sienna. The OEM links were too long and I had to get 2” shorter ones.
Edgar
Fascinating. I wonder how that would be possible given the Sienna suspension geometry.

View attachment 52251
Would love it if somebody could clarify this for me...
Are the longer links needed just with FWD models?
I’ve read all the lift threads and still don’t get the rhyme & reason why sometimes things like alignment bolts and sometimes longer links are necessary, yet other times not.

Hello again. I was reviewing this thread and found myself questioning my remarks. You know, the one were I was so confident that my Moog replacement sway bar links were longer than OEM. I was reviewing the diagrams in this thread yesterday and could not figure out a way that installing longer links could be correct. So I looked at my Moog links and held the OEM link to it so that the lower bolts were horizontal to each other. Sure enough, the OEM is longer than the MOOG. I am embarrassed that I made this error and hope I did not lead anyone astray.

Gas Tints and shades Wood Fixture Engineering

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
My Traxda kit is still performing well. Tomorrow I am having a set of Defender 235/60R18 tires installed.
Last month took it to South Dakota.
Points for anyone who can tell where this pic was taken.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Sky

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That's too bad, although I do not see why rotating the shock 90 degrees would cause a failure lie that.
Yes, two extension spacers were included with my kit that had the effect of extending the shocks travel about 1/2" iirc.
Although sometimes I still hit the limits of travel while going over large bumps in the road.
Here is a pic of the spacer and the amount of thread showing after installation.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts