Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry for the delay...I left the stock coil springs and replaced the shock absorbers. If there is a sag issue, I may look into an airbag kit. The only questionable thing I'm experiencing that my mechanic mentioned about the Traxda is with the shock extenders. For some reason they change the direction of the lower mount by 90 degrees. This makes the movement of the suspension system flex the inside of the lower shock mount bushing (eye). You can see what I mean below. I'm trying to reach out to Traxda to ask about this but haven't heard back yet.
View attachment 59547
What’s the story behind this add-on kit? Traxda site offers no context.

Lift kit installed several years ago on 2011 AWD, still liking the result. But shop had to dial up Highlander links from dealer to make it work. Are these comparable links?

I don’t recall any issues with rear lift, what are shock extenders for?

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD
16 Posts
I bought the whole kit with them.
Kit #906030 – 2004-2020 Toyota Sienna – 2″ Front/1.8 ” Rear +Sway Bar Links & Shock Brackets

$391.91

Well after only a couple hundred (street) miles on the kit...we had a major failure yesterday. This voids the shock absorber warranty...the mechanic was concerned about the 90 degree mount change...and I can't get a hold of Traxda. So far, I'm not impressed with using the shock extenders. Did I read that the kit didn't use to have the shock extenders and flat washers were used??

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That's too bad, although I do not see why rotating the shock 90 degrees would cause a failure lie that.
Yes, two extension spacers were included with my kit that had the effect of extending the shocks travel about 1/2" iirc.
Although sometimes I still hit the limits of travel while going over large bumps in the road.
Here is a pic of the spacer and the amount of thread showing after installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well after only a couple hundred (street) miles on the kit...we had a major failure yesterday. This voids the shock absorber warranty...the mechanic was concerned about the 90 degree mount change...and I can't get a hold of Traxda. So far, I'm not impressed with using the shock extenders. Did I read that the kit didn't use to have the shock extenders and flat washers were used??
That sucks, hopefully this was a unique thing. I have seen this listed as the Technical guy to talk to GREG 18886605892 ext 8. Good luck, let us know what they say. Looking to install mine soon and not liking the result you had..

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's too bad, although I do not see why rotating the shock 90 degrees would cause a failure lie that.
Yes, two extension spacers were included with my kit that had the effect of extending the shocks travel about 1/2" iirc.
Although sometimes I still hit the limits of travel while going over large bumps in the road.
Here is a pic of the spacer and the amount of thread showing after installation.
So my "plan B" for the repair is to put on Monroe shocks (37301 Monroe OESpectrum Toyota Sienna) in the back. They spec out at ~0.44"+/- longer when fully extended. I was going to remove the shock extenders and just go with the longer shock and spacers like you show. Shocks are being delivered today and I should be able to get to work on it either tomorrow afternoon or possibly Saturday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That sucks, hopefully this was a unique thing. I have seen this listed as the Technical guy to talk to GREG 18886605892 ext 8. Good luck, let us know what they say. Looking to install mine soon and not liking the result you had..
I haven't gotten a response from Traxda yet on the shock failure, but so far, I'm getting the run around. The mechanic claims, "that's what he was concerned about..." The shocks aren't covered by warranty because a broken lower mount indicates a failure due to an accident or an installation error... My initial conversation with Greg at Traxda stated he has put the shock extenders on Ram trucks for years (assuming the same angle change/problem exists on those) so a Sienna shouldn't have any issues with the design. All points circle around to my wallet it seems. I will update if/when I get a different response from Traxda.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So my "plan B" for the repair is to put on Monroe shocks in the back. They spec out at 1.38" longer when fully extended. I was going to remove the shock extenders and just go with the longer shock and spacers like you show. Did those come with your kit or did you buy them separately? Shocks are being delivered today and I should be able to get to work on it either tomorrow afternoon or possibly Saturday.
Which ones did you order? I got these, hoping they are what I need "
Monroe Shocks & Struts OESpectrum 37301 Shock Absorber
"

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't see that Traxda even lists the spacers as on option with any of their kits now. Do you happen to remember or know how tall they are? 1/2"?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts