Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 15 le, door sticker says made in USA, but orig owner was in Ontario canada. The analog speedo is a bear to see, so would like to activate digital read out in the middle display. The display options only show dte, avg mpg , instant mpg, etc...doesnt seem to offer me a speed read out...any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,427 Posts
So the analog speedo labeling favors metric?

Unfortunately, I don't believe that digital speed readout is an option - even thru Techstream.

·
Super Moderator
4,427 Posts
Moved to Gen-III Mods & Projects

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If we were still on the forum software that was replaced a few months ago, I could find threads from several years back when people were complaining about the speedometer being difficult to see when the headlights are off due to not being lighted like the Optitron gauges in the XLE and Limited.

IIRC, a suggestion back then was to find a way to light the instrument cluster gauges when the headlights were off but I don't remember anyone reporting success at doing it. Some people were driving with headlights on during the day to make the gauges easier to see.

Even though the gauges in my 2014 Limited are lighted when the headlights are off, I often instead look at the GPS speedometer on my phone which is always in a holder high on my dashboard.

Not that it's an ideal solution but maybe a phone holder and a phone app like the iBolt Dock'n Drive I use would be helpful. The attached image shows the speedometer that appears on all five Dock'n Drive screens. If I tap the speedometer with my fingertip, a much larger speedometer is displayed. Dock'n Drive for Android is free on Google Play but I don't know about the version for iOS. Dock'n Drive has long been my favorite phone app due to it allowing organizing the streaming audio apps I use and making them safer to use while driving

Dock'n Drive phone app.jpg

·
Registered
807 Posts
I just bought a 15 le, door sticker says made in USA, but orig owner was in Ontario canada. The analog speedo is a bear to see, so would like to activate digital read out in the middle display. The display options only show dte, avg mpg , instant mpg, etc...doesnt seem to offer me a speed read out...any ideas?
There is no digital readout for the speedo in the middle display. Just analog. You may have to turn on the parking lights on shaded areas. This is my only complain on the sienna. For some reasons, Toyota engineers drop a ball on the lighting of the instrument panel.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
There is no digital readout for the speedo in the middle display. Just analog. You may have to turn on the parking lights on shaded areas. This is my only complain on the sienna. For some reasons, Toyota engineers drop a ball on the lighting of the instrument panel.
Our 2019 LE has a digital speedo readout option in the middle display.
There's a settings tab in the middle display that lets your customize the readout.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Our 2019 LE has a digital speedo readout option in the middle display.
There's a settings tab in the middle display that lets your customize the readout.
Are you sure about that? The OP is correct in terms of what options are there in the middle display on a 2015. Can you take a picture in the middle display that shows your current speed when the vehicle is moving?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Are you sure about that? The OP is correct in terms of what options are there in the middle display on a 2015. Can you take a picture in the middle display that shows your current speed when the vehicle is moving?
Will do.
Another person just confirmed that this option is only present on newer models which have the safety features standard on the vehicle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The newer models with the built in Toyota safety sense suit has the new digital readout as its part of the system to display the safety sense information. On the older ones, it’s not available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts