Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sienna Limited with approximately 170k miles. Lately I'm hearing a definite rattling sort of noise that seems centered in the area of the belts and pulleys. It's not a squeal or a high pitched noise like I would expect of a belt or bearing, more of a clunky rattle sound. It doesn't seem to be affected by toggling on/off the A/C, so I'm not, so far, thinking it's from the compressor. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Also, what is the recommended maintenance replace schedule for the items in that area, belts, pump, etc.?? Much appreciate any guidance here, I bought the car used and it's been absolutely perfect for over 40k miles at this point with just routine oil changes. No mechanical issues at all. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 Sienna Limited with approximately 170k miles. Lately I'm hearing a definite rattling sort of noise that seems centered in the area of the belts and pulleys. It's not a squeal or a high pitched noise like I would expect of a belt or bearing, more of a clunky rattle sound. It doesn't seem to be affected by toggling on/off the A/C, so I'm not, so far, thinking it's from the compressor. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Also, what is the recommended maintenance replace schedule for the items in that area, belts, pump, etc.?? Much appreciate any guidance here, I bought the car used and it's been absolutely perfect for over 40k miles at this point with just routine oil changes. No mechanical issues at all. thanks
I had a similar experience with my 2013 - turned out it was a waterpump starting to seize.
Probably worth the extra time & $4 to have that checked out - I wish I would have. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts

most definitely a water pump, i have a 2014 sienna, sadly the water pump has failed every 20-30k miles already. I guess it’s a common issue. it costs about 600-900 to replace without engine removal. mine cost about $690. the actual part was $170. the labor was about $420

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a similar experience with my 2013 - turned out it was a waterpump starting to seize.
Probably worth the extra time & $4 to have that checked out - I wish I would have. :(
Thanks for the input - where do you get it checked out for $4??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most definitely a water pump, i have a 2014 sienna, sadly the water pump has failed every 20-30k miles already. I guess it’s a common issue. it costs about 600-900 to replace without engine removal. mine cost about $690. the actual part was $170. the labor was about $420
Thanks, very much appreciate the tip. I'll have to get it checked out asap, I've still been driving it so far.. BTW, when you got yours replaced did that price include new belt(s)?? thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts