Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I wished the sienna had the HID housing like my limited venza. Auto leveling and good output from center to side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got them both in and aimed tonight. Still have to put the headlights back together though.
For the most part it went pretty smoothly. I'll try and break down the steps for anyone daring enough like me to want to do these.
1. Remove headlights
2. Heat and remove lenses. Remove stock projector.
3. Remove mled bracket from projector (4 hex bolts)
4. Mount 4tl brackets to front of mled bracket as designed. Use provide screws but no standoffs.
5. Use bracket as template to drill the mled bracket. There is 2 4tl holes that need to be drilled onto the mled bracket. I had to buy good bits as I'm still out of town. Norseman 135deg split points cobalt worked well paired with a drill press. Take this step seriously, its thick steel and relatively hard.
With the 4tl holes drilled through the mled bracket, we can now mount the projector from behind like on our siennas.
6. Take a dremel or preferred cutter and start hacking. There's two alignment nubs that have to be cut out, two ridges that mostly have to be cut out. And then the bottom 2/3rds of the stock hole has to be widened extensively. Cut, test. Rinse, repeat.
7. Now ready to mount. The bracket is essentially double as thick as normal, but we still have to play the washer game. And the screws that connect the mled bracket to the 4tl bracket get in the way of projector 4tl mounting holes. Solution is to cut partial #6 washers. I mounted 4 on the two bottom mounts, 5 on the top mount. Still had to use one washer on the front side of each screw to bottom out the stock 4tl screws.
8. Mount headlights back on van and aim. At 25ft back, I aimed the lower cutoff to be 2" shorter than the height of the headlights from the ground. One required no adjustments except lowering height, the other required loosening the bracket and rotating using the provided play ( see below) because the cutoff was slightly slanted. It required just a little lowering.
9. Bake back on headlight lenses .

Two things I didn't like. There's play in the 4tl adapter plate. Doesn't matter how use it. Thats unacceptable in my book. Small play in the headlight can obviously have large effects on the aiming.
Second, the design of the bracket is stupid. They should just make a whole new plate that replaces the stock mled plate. Oh, and while on the bracket note, I bought mine from CB&D. I called 3 times and left 3 voicemails requesting support. No return call. No customer service. I do NOT recommend those guys. Lightwerkz picks up every time.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts