Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
I will go for the 2017 or higher since the 2017 engine has more power. I have been driving the 2019 XLE AWD for almost a year and I do not see any engine issue. I own two Honda Odyssey in the past and they are great. I ditched Odyssey because they do not offer AWD and their new style just not my type.
You are right, run flats are sucks. After 17K miles, two RF toasted at the same time. I drove 40 miles to the nearest Costco and the driving experience was terrible. I don't think I can drive any further because the car start shaking and very noisy. I replaced all 4 with Michelin Premier A/S at Costco. The ride comfort was day and night, the regular tires are 20% more comfortable than the RFT in my opinion. Now I have to look for a full size spare since I will be driving to the West soon.
BTW, my previous Odyssey drove over 250K miles, I expect the Sienna to do the same base on my research.馃槒
So I have a 2011, 2015 and a 2020. Although the newer sienna'a have more power, they actually feel more a bit more sluggish than the less powerful 2011-2016. This is due to their 8 spd which is designed to conserve fuel. It does feel less get up and go on my 2020 vs my 2015 and 2011. Although, this can be remedied easily by turning the ECT on. Once turned on, the ECT will remap the transmission to shift points that are similar to the shift points of the 2011-2016, which then makes it feel much more powerful. Keep in mind, ECT does not increase power, it just alters the shift point programming of the new 8 spd transmission during normal driving to be aligned more with that of the 6 spd. So if you floored the gas pedal, you will still have teh same o-60 times with the ECT on or Off, its just during normal driving that it feels peppier since the shift points are increased in the rpm range. The only draw back is that the ECT resets to the off position once you shut the car off. Having said that however, I now have 1500 miles on my 2020. It has now learned my driving style and while at the beginning the 8 spd transmission was a bit rougher since its hunting for gears more, it is now super buttery smooth. Just as smooth as my 6 spd, now that it has learned my driving style and is shifting according to how I drive. It also is much better with the shift points as well. I do not turn on ECT anymore now that it has learned how I like to drive.

Super Moderator
If reading this correctly, you were able to buy a fleet vehicle through Toyota? CPO is always preferred in my opinion.
Yes. They occasionally buy back select fleet delivery vehicles and market them thru select dealerships as CPO.

Registered
Very happy with my 2016 fwd that was bought new. I did not want to "experiment" with the 2017's first year engine and trans changes when the 2016 powertrain had such a great rep. If you deal with snow, go AWD.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts