Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2016 XLE audio upgrade Subwoofer

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Cougarkid68 
#1 ·
Ongoing project. 2016 Sienna XLE non-JBL
Upgraded stock speakers (not the dash yet). Went with Kicker 240w 2-way 6.5” and 360w 3-way 6x9s. Used plastic adapters found on Amazon for the 6x9s. I used the stock mounts for the 6.5s. I just had to rip out the existing OEM speaker first. Sounds great even without an amplifier.
Added a Pioneer TS-SWV2502 shallow mount 10” to the extra seat storage in the rear. Ran 4 gauge wiring kit and powered it with a Pioneer GM-D8701 amplifier. Did sound deadening mostly to the front doors AND on the back side of the door panels. Amplifier sits below the stereo, where a trash can might sit. Grounded the amp to the driver’s seat, rear left bolt. Bought a wiring harness off amazon that added rca and remote outputs. Plug and play. Very easy. Wanted to post this, because I searched and searched for this project and never found exactly what I was wanting. Hope this helps.

Sounds awesome. All under $300.

See less See more
#3 ·
I felt it was too large, both in relation to the vent and the height limitations. Thought it would get crushed. I’ve since covered it with a black cloth to hide it. I’ve been thinking about other solutions as well. I’m very happy with sound quality overall considering how inexpensive it was overall. #ballinonabudget

#4 ·
i feel you!!

I have at least 2 full systems worth of gear scattered through my garage now, I just need to get my ass off my shoulders and install it in something.

There's a thread somewhere in here, that shows the space behind the glovebox, it should be more than enough to house your amp, I'm not sure how accessible it is though. The amps I have are large-ish, so I may end up getting something like an NXT, new Sundown, or Kenwood (all rated highly) that I know will fit under the front seat(s) to power my set up. I just won't tell the boss what I bought. The bigger amps can go in the mini or the long term project truck.

#5 ·
6x9s in the front doors, where are the 6.5s? I've decided I have to upgrade mine. I can't take it any more. Can you add a link to theharness to get the RCA outputs for the amp? Looks like you have the navigation system as well. Any issues? Substantial sound increase without adding a separate amp to the front?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.