Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. We've owned multiple 2011+ Toyota Siennas. We just purchased a 2020 XLE Premium. We love the van, except for one glaring flaw. We are experiencing a severe transmission vibration through the center console between about 1000-1300 RPMs; mostly at lower cruising speeds when the van shifts to its higher gears (probably gears 5-7). The vibration is so severe it rattles everything in and around the center console...including the center console itself. It's almost as if the 8-speed transmission is lugging too much, and the shift points need to be re-programmed. When we switch to the PWR option in the settings within the cluster, the RPMs are held a little higher between shift points. This seems to help a little, mostly at highway speeds (not at the lower speeds), but then you give up a little mileage and the vibration is still mostly present.

We took our van (it has 35,500 miles as of now) to the local Toyota Dealer and they confirmed our concern, but because other 2017-2020 Siennnas do the same thing (to varying degrees), they refuse to do anything about it. We also contacted Toyota Customer Service, waited a week for a response, and they basically said the same thing. I'm very disappointed in their response. Toyota is known for very high-quality vehicles and great customer service. Since this powertrain combination came out in the 2017 model year, I would have thought they would have this known issue fixed by 2020? Our last Sienna, a 2015 SE Premium with the 6-speed transmission, did the same thing, but not to the degree that this new one does.

I'm reaching out to see how many others are experiencing this issue, and if anyone has been able to get a resolution on it? Or, is there a good DYI procedure that can be completed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We heard/felt a rattling/vibration noise two days after we bought our used 2017 XLE model. It only has 52k miles on it. The dealership said it was either coming from the muffler area or heat shield area. We love the van and hope they can fix it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact SAME issue on my 2017 XLE. It has 35k miles and I just had the entire transmission replaced by Toyota under the active TSB Repair bulletin that was issued in Late 2019.

I thought that vibration between 20-45 MPH was going to go away with the new Trans, but it didn’t. If my foot is on the accelerator the vibration is prevalent. When I release my foot from the accelerator, the vibration stops. It’s very annoying, and I will keep fighting with Toyota for the time being. At first they tried telling me it was a tire issue, which wasn’t the case because I just put brand new tires on the van. It’s most definitely a power train issue....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must say when the dealership called me yesterday to tell me they found the vibration I could hardly believe them. My wife put a CD case in the middle console area underneath a CD case that held many CDs and that was were the vibration noise was coming from. Hard to believe, so we went to the dealership and took a test drive with a technician and didn't hear it. It took them over 3 hours to figure this out. Well, I drove the van this morning to go work out and I heard the noise again, took out everything from the middle console and I still hear the vibration. We bought the van from Vroom and love it and have no other issues but this crazy noise. Maybe we don't have enough items in the middle console to weigh it down. We don't know and not sure if we'll keep it or return it. It's our first Toyota van. Any advise? Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts