Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were leasing 2017 Sienna XLE premium package (Blu-ray+) AWD. We made up our mind finally and bought out the lease last week. Sales person was trying to squeeze in 3yr $2999 /5yr $4499 warranty with the total payment. We waived both the options and just got the car.

Any idea how much 5yr warranty usually goes for ? This is the quotes I have from a local dealer. Btw, this is in south NJ.

Years Of Coverage5
Miles100,000
Deductible$0.00
Final Price$1899

Years Of Coverage3
Miles36,000
Deductible$50.00
Final Price$1,688.00

·
Registered
376 Posts
Warranty is a very personal decision, but without know what type of coverage those warranty covers it is very hard to know if it is a good deal or not. There are two type of warranty.

1: Exclusion List Warranty - This warranty lists all the items that are "NOT" covered under the warranty. If it is not specifically listed on the list then it is covered.
2: Inclusion List warranty. - This type list what "IS" covered under the warranty and anything not specifically listed is Not covered.

I would always go for the Exclusion List Warranty only. They tend to be more expensive.

Also note that your Sienna also comes with a 5 year 60K miles Powertrain warranty from Toyota which covers stuff like, engine, transmissions, transfer cases (AWD) and I also believe the drive shafts and such.

I do believe those prices are very high.

Just for price comparison, I purchased a 6 year, 60K miles Exclusion List warranty with $100 deductible at the time of purchase of vehicle for $800.

When you buy a warranty greatly affects the price and since I purchased it with the vehicle purchase, it was relatively cheap and I basically did it to extend the bumper to bumper warranty to the length of the powertrain warranty from Toyota.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go to Midwest Toyota in Hutchison Kansas to get the best pricing on a genuine Toyota extended warranty. I just got an 8 year/100,000 Toyota Platinum 0$ deductible for my new 21 Sienna for $1255. Ask for Jerry Johnson in Finance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts