Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! We are actively looking at buying a 2018 Sienna XLE but I’ve inquired about getting them updated to add CarPlay from 2 Toyota Dealers for 2 different vans (both vans were CPO) and each time the sales people have checked with their service departments and said it wasn’t possible to update those particular vans. Most recently I asked the sales person why, after citing a Toyota.com link that indicated it is possible and he said it was “produced a little before it was an option to add.”

Can anyone provide some information on if this is accurate or can all 2018s be upgraded and they are just giving me the runaround? What does it take to upgrade? Is it just a software update or do they physically have to install something? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Please check this discussion about it. I did it myself and it was pretty easy. It just takes time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please check this discussion about it. I did it myself and it was pretty easy. It just takes time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I saw this and it looked promising but I guess I’ve just been confused by the dealer responses. Are all 2018s eligible for the firmware (and no additional hardware, right?). Thanks for your quick reply!

·
Registered
300 Posts
The official Toyota press release does not mention any limitation (it should apply to all 2018/2019 Siennas). There is no additional hardware, just a software/firmware update.

The press release notes "All 2018 Camry and 2018 Sienna owners will receive a notification from Toyota encouraging them to contact their dealer for additional details or to schedule an appointment.".

Reactions: MyNewSienna

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The official Toyota press release does not mention any limitation (it should apply to all 2018/2019 Siennas). There is no additional hardware, just a software/firmware update.

The press release notes "All 2018 Camry and 2018 Sienna owners will receive a notification from Toyota encouraging them to contact their dealer for additional details or to schedule an appointment.".
Thank you!

·
Registered
973 Posts
There's a very long thread on ToyotaNation, too. The update process is straightforward, and I performed it, too. But you have to correctly identify your head unit, and also use a blank, FAT32-formatted USB. CarPlay is available, but still no Android Auto or Android mirroring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts