Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2018 limited premium remote start

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dreamcell 
#1 ·
Hi.

Does the 2018 limited premium have the remote start capabilities? The sales guy told me on multiple times it did, but the remote connect won’t recognize the car on the toyota account.

Thanks!

#2 ·
A "Remote Engine Starter" is listed as an accessory. Most accessories can be either dealer or port installed but I found it much less expensive to have accessories installed at the port. Even though the Sienna is manufactured in the U.S., it still goes through a "port" facility - suspect this is due to the factory being in a free trade zone.

I don't think the 2018 Sienna has (at least not yet) a Lexus-like remote start via a phone app (e.g. Enform/Entune) but tell us if you find out differently.

#6 ·
I have one in my 2018 installed at the dealership. I think it is crap and would suggest that you get a quality aftermarket unit instead. The only andantage to the factory unit is that it turns on the defrost. I would never get it again. I have attached a picture.
Technology Electronic device Keychain Material property Logo

#7 ·
Chairman: Do you have an L or LE van with a conventional key ignition? I suspect that this is a different setup than the OP would end up with given that he has a SmartKey pushbutton ignition.

#8 ·
I have an XLE AWD with the Limited Package with the push button start. I came on the forum searching for an answer as to why I could only use the factory remote starter twice in a row. After using it twice it will not respond again. I really like the aftermarket units better. Seems like I am the only one who has the factory unit though?

#9 ·
I'm not sure what's going on with the remote start situation. In the past (pre-2017?), the remote for smart-key push-button start system was a 3 push dance on the big silver fob. Very limited range, but it was all integrated.

#10 ·
I just let the dealer to install the remote starter to my 2018 XLE AWD two months ago, and it works really good. It's Prestige, 2 way LCD transmitter. It said the range is up to 1 mile, not test it yet, but I can start up my car from my building to the garage across the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.